PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed !!!

Trainee_uk
26-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Hello to all !
I am currently studying refrigeration and air conditioning with city and guilds. This is my first year and unfortunately i am struggling with completing mu job write ups. If there is anyone out there who could perhaps send me or post previous job write ups so i can have a scan to what i should be writing. please add as much detail as possible as i believe i have been missing little but important things out of my previous attempts. thankyou for any help you may give
cheers
john

Pooh
26-12-2007, 02:47 PM
John
were are you training mate? other peoples job write ups will not really help you but as your jobs will be different. If you drop me a PM with your phone number I will give you a ring and give you some guidance in how to complete the write ups so you can meet the requirements of the NVQ standards. It appears confusing at first but with a little help you should not have a problem.

Ian

Andy
26-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Hello to all !
I am currently studying refrigeration and air conditioning with city and guilds. This is my first year and unfortunately i am struggling with completing mu job write ups. If there is anyone out there who could perhaps send me or post previous job write ups so i can have a scan to what i should be writing. please add as much detail as possible as i believe i have been missing little but important things out of my previous attempts. thankyou for any help you may give
cheers
john

John:)

what you need is a mentor, someone locally who can guide you, someone elses notes are a tempory fix that will not help in the long term.
Ask your boss or one of the engineers to help you.

Kind Regards Andy:)

The Viking
26-12-2007, 06:18 PM
John,

It all depends on where you are based....

But if your current employer and fellow engineers can't help you then have a look at my website...

Trainee_uk
10-01-2008, 08:11 PM
hi again,
well i am training at grimsby college however the jobs i have been doing are air conditioning jobs and as i am only an apprentice i regularly help the ducters out with their jobs. i am just confused on how much detail you have to put in. e.g do i mention i used a spanner and little stuff like that?
the engineers i work with are helpful on site but dnt want to know about writing work.
cheers

Argus
24-11-2008, 06:10 PM
hi again,
well i am training at grimsby college however the jobs i have been doing are air conditioning jobs and as i am only an apprentice i regularly help the ducters out with their jobs. i am just confused on how much detail you have to put in. e.g do i mention i used a spanner and little stuff like that?
the engineers i work with are helpful on site but dnt want to know about writing work.
cheers

If you are training at Grimsby... talk to Pooh (his name's Ian and I think he is not very far from you).

;)

It should be a simple process to understand the format that is required and the trainers should readily give you the format they want before you start.

CoolMike
23-02-2009, 11:06 AM
A tip- don't leave it to the last minute. There is quite a bit involved-especially when it comes to the cross-referencing. It does take a while, but if you can do even one a week you can get it all done.

sparrow
09-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Hi John,
I think we need to know if you are producing covering letters for Units 1 2 and three or if you are producing evidence to support those first of all.
Unit for is planning as you are aware, so these three examples should be quite simple concentrate on those first off and the rest as they say should be quite simple to follow.

Sparrow