PDA

View Full Version : Number teeth rotors screw

Friobernal
21-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Hi;

I´m looking for information about number teeth rotors in the screw compressors; avantages / dis.

The only thing i´ve got is for example:

Howden 4/6 combination symetrical profile
Mycom 4/6 asymetrical profiles
Bitzer 5/6 5/7 different diameter of rotors
Same for Grasso 5/6...

Some more info, please

Regards

Giannis
21-12-2007, 10:59 PM
About Bitzer try http://www.bitzer.de/eparts/index.php eparts software has a lot of informations

TXiceman
29-12-2007, 03:48 AM
Generally the larger and older machines tend to run 4/6 rotors. The smaller and newer machines will be 5/6 or 5/7.

Ken

US Iceman
29-12-2007, 05:57 AM
There are also some different rotor profiles, but I would not worry too much about this.

Another bit of information relates to the L/D ratio (length to diameter). A smaller L/D ratio means the rotors can be a bit stiffer therefore they will not flex very much at high pressure ratios. A compressor with a high L/D ratio such as 2.2 might have some limitations.

The compressor manufacturers can provide more info if you need it.

hendry
03-01-2008, 07:07 AM
Hi;

I´m looking for information about number teeth rotors in the screw compressors; avantages / dis.

Same for Grasso 5/6...

Some more info, please

Regards
hi there!

coudl you share wit me in particular the urge for its advantage & disadv?
unless you are very much involve in R&D of screw compressor.
i know Bock is into this lately ....
thanks.

TXiceman
04-01-2008, 02:29 AM
I believe you are going to find that the manufacturers hold this type information very close to their chest. SRM was the primary designer of rotor profiles for a long time. A lot of the manufacturers have gone off on their and developed their own design profiles and rotor counts.

Ken

Friobernal
04-01-2008, 08:25 AM
That´s exatly what i got from the manufacturers, and why i ask here...

Josip
04-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Hi, Friobernal :)

That´s exatly what i got from the manufacturers, and why i ask here...

I'm not sure if my answer will satisfied you;), but...

today we can find screw compressors with different rotor profiles and configuration i.e. no of teeth 2/3, 3/5, 4/5, 4/6, 5/6, 6/7 all of them calculated and invented for different type of work...dry, oil-flooded.....for air or chemical gases or for refrigeration...

...as per my knowledge with different (optimized) rotor profiles you can achieve better capacity with lower power consumption if you choose the right one for your needs.....here we are speaking about couple of % of better performance for the same size, speed, suction and discharge pressure between general and optimized rotor profiles...

....I am not too familiar with, but in my opinion this is very important only for screw compressors designers and producers and not for customers because at the end of the day we are looking for reliable machine easy and cheap for maintenance;)...the same as we are looking for a good car.....

Best regards, Josip :)

Martin Wierbosc
27-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Hi;

Same for Grasso 5/6...

Some more info, please

Regards
depands what you looking for. If you looking for benefits about performance between the systems. you must look in contruction of the unit. if you have many conditions there are many ways to complise this. It is like a car , the best engine make not the best car for your expentations.

Best regards

Martin Wierbosch rm-support. Martin@rm-support,nl