PDA

View Full Version : Ranking MHI

Pol
19-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Hi,

I`m about to move from Samsung to Mitsu Heavy; could you guys tell me how you would rank both brands - also compared to the kit you install?

Thx,

Pol

The Viking
19-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Top:
Daikin, Mitsubishi Electric, Toshiba
(in no particular order)

Mid:
Fujitsu, Mitsubishi Heavy, Carrier, IMI, Airedale, Hitachi.

Bottom:
LG, Samsung, Panasonic.

Unmentionable:
All the cheap Chineese C##P that are imported by whoever invest in a container load of them....

But bear in mind, this is my personal preferences, based on my experience. Other people will have different views.......

gwilliamson
19-12-2007, 11:06 PM
I was led to believe that on certain Panasonic splits they are just Daikin underneath? Quite good kit for a lot less than Daikin?

We use MHI on a lot of commercial work and found it very good. Does exactly what it says on the box although you dont get as many bells and whistles as you do with Daikin or Tosh - Not quite as advanced but if you dont need lots of BMS options then not bad kit at all and cheaper.

Not tried Samsung so cannot comment.

Cheers

Andy AC
19-12-2007, 11:17 PM
I've been fitting MHI cassettes for years, I think they are excellent, as good as a daikin, better than a mitsi electric, very easy to fit and more reliable. The wall mounts (srk models) are not as refined as a daikin etc. but again are very easy to fit and very reliable.
I don't think you'll regret changing from samsung.

Andy

sinewave
20-12-2007, 12:09 AM
I've been fitting MHI cassettes for years, I think they are excellent, as good as a daikin, better than a mitsi electric, very easy to fit and more reliable.

Andy

Sorry Andy, I'm not having that! :mad:

MHI better that Mitsi Electric? :eek:

Never in this world! :cool:

Pol
20-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Ok Guys, thank you very much for the comments. Sounds to me to be a step forward in product quality.

I understand from your comments prices in the UK for MHI are below Daikin and Melco - but above LG, Samsung, etc? Any idea how much, % - wise?

Thx,

Pol

paul_h
20-12-2007, 05:10 PM
definitely!
If you have known samsung, you'll be happy to work on anything else, it can't get worse.
I rate MHI pretty high.
I can't see why anyone would rate mits electric higher than fujitsu. Fujitsus only fault is that they base their inverter electronics on mits electric! Therefore they can't rate lower.
Panasonic electronics are a pretty high standard, as you'd expect. If fact daikin aren't more advanced in that department, they share tech. Only problem is panasonic don't excel in the finesse department, louder I/Us, cheaper construction of I/U and O/U, but besides that you'll be getting a more reliable unit than fuji/mits tech unit.
Also I love the coating that panasonic put over their PCBs.
So far corrosion and local fauna has killed 100s of daikin, fuji and mits units, never seen a panasonic die for that reason.
edit: actually, what the hell happened with toshiba, didnt they invent the inverter? Why the hell aren't any being sold here in australia?

ikke
11-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Pol = Hans

Pol
14-01-2008, 01:26 PM
............So?

yinmorrison
27-02-2008, 01:01 AM
Hi Pol,

Over the last 4 years I have specified and installed over 300 MHI systems mainly cassettes and the only probs I have had are a few lift pump failures and some sensors.My only complaint with the cassettes is the screw fixing of the access to electrics on indoor as they are f-----g murder to relocate.On their VRF systems I am not willing to recommend as I am not yet convinced of the reliability compared to Daikin or Mitsi Electric systems .I have not worked on Samsung though,so cannot compare.As a matter of interest why are you not using Daikin as I would have thought being on your doorstep you should get a few good deals?;)

Pol
27-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Yin,

Thx for the info.

Why not Daikin? because they're a competitor :-)

Regards,

Pol

dsp
28-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Hey Paul H,
Toshiba are good units. They are sold through Totaline/Carrier.
dsp

Pol
29-02-2008, 11:46 AM
dsp, toshiba quality and line up is very nice indeed. Like Paul, I'm surprised we don't see more of them in Belgium either.

Pol