e) Brands available in India
f) Key applications
g) How are installed
h) Diagrams of Installations
:)

Munesh

Samarjit Sen
19-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Could you please be more specific about your requirement.

Lowrider
19-12-2007, 11:20 PM
I can only give one answer: http://www.trane.com

Brian_UK
20-12-2007, 12:07 AM
My answer would be NO.

Samarjit Sen
20-12-2007, 05:04 AM
Hello Munesh,

Unless you can specify as to your basic requirement, it is difficult to suggest. Most of the international brands are now available in India. But to suggest some thing more details and informations are required.

Lowrider
20-12-2007, 10:37 PM
My answer would be NO.

And why then?

munesh
26-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Hello Munesh,

Unless you can specify as to your basic requirement, it is difficult to suggest. Most of the international brands are now available in India. But to suggest some thing more details and informations are required.
I am evaluating various options for Air Conditioning of a Row House for my Client.
I was offered some of the equipments as Ductables and Roof Tops (Self Contained). I am trying to negotiate with them, So I need to get better knowledge about the same. I would request the group to help me with any related information they have got.
Regards

Samarjit Sen
26-12-2007, 05:29 PM
There are a large options in Air Conditioning. Most of the units are available in India. It would not be proper in my part to suggest a name as I am not much in Air Conditioning. However if you go through the Ishrae's journals, you will find some details.

However first you should assess yoursystem and what would the clients prefer and based on that work out the heat load and select the suitable equipment. I am sure you must have already done this.

Brian_UK
26-12-2007, 09:32 PM
And why then?The question is from a manager who does not provide sufficient information for other to provide an answer to.

We assume that he is dealing with some form of air cooling but are not certain.

He asked a question and I gave my answer in response to the data given.

The Viking
26-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Munesh,

Rooftop units has a bit of a bad reputation here in UK.

BUT.....

This is mainly down to them being used for the wrong applications. I've been to several sites where I been told that "the a/c system doesn't work, it never keeps the right temperature", only to find a rooftop unit installed where there really should have been a VRF system.

You have to look at the application in hand and decide weather a rooftop unit is the best option for that particular site.

For example; If the duct run will be long or there are more than one room/area to be served by the unit, then the "right" option will never be a rooftop unit.

On the other hand, if there is a single room to be conditioned, where the unit can sit straight above and the ductwork and grilles can be correctly designed allowing for airflows and draughts, then a rooftop unit might be the best option.

As long as the design and selection has been carried out according to good engineering practices, there is a place in the market for rooftop units but they should never be installed just because they are cheaper than a VRF/VRV system.

But for me to tell you which unit is the right one for your installation, unfortunately you will have to pay for me to attend your site.

Lowrider
29-12-2007, 11:28 PM
The question is from a manager who does not provide sufficient information for other to provide an answer to.

We assume that he is dealing with some form of air cooling but are not certain.

He asked a question and I gave my answer in response to the data given.

Ok! That's why I directed him to the site, so he could see all options!

(So nothing against Trane?)

Brian_UK
29-12-2007, 11:35 PM
(So nothing against Trane?)Good heavens no :)

Lowrider
29-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by: Sanderh

(So nothing against Trane?)

Good heavens no

Thank God!!;)

It's my livelyhood! (spelled correct I hope!)

munesh
04-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Munesh,

Rooftop units has a bit of a bad reputation here in UK.

BUT.....

This is mainly down to them being used for the wrong applications. I've been to several sites where I been told that "the a/c system doesn't work, it never keeps the right temperature", only to find a rooftop unit installed where there really should have been a VRF system.

You have to look at the application in hand and decide weather a rooftop unit is the best option for that particular site.

For example; If the duct run will be long or there are more than one room/area to be served by the unit, then the "right" option will never be a rooftop unit.

On the other hand, if there is a single room to be conditioned, where the unit can sit straight above and the ductwork and grilles can be correctly designed allowing for airflows and draughts, then a rooftop unit might be the best option.

As long as the design and selection has been carried out according to good engineering practices, there is a place in the market for rooftop units but they should never be installed just because they are cheaper than a VRF/VRV system.

But for me to tell you which unit is the right one for your installation, unfortunately you will have to pay for me to attend your site.

Dear Viking
Thanks for your reply. Can you give me some pointers or checklist for the selection between the ductables and Self Contained.
Like the one you have already provided.

Hope you can help me with this

regards

munesh
11-01-2008, 11:14 AM
No Replies. Had checked thinking that there will be couple of answers. Anyways...

Sridhar1312
21-06-2008, 12:10 PM
For row houses VRF /VRV with one condensing unit and multiple indoor highwall or cassette would be apt , but initial cost will be high, but when you look at LCC it will be economical. Otherwise high wall splits will be cheaper and economical when you are looking at bulk procuremnet. Recently TRANE have supplied to one of the builder for their apartments some 800 numbers.