PDA

View Full Version : Sub-contracting

Danny11
18-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Hi guys

Is there any subbys out there,if so.....

I would like to ask how much you would charge for example:

installing a 3.5 kw wall mounted split.The company your subbying for buys the unit.You buy the rest.Copper,lagging,tools ect

Iv just heard that a subby charges £800 for one unit with about a 9m run.

Is that way over charging or about right.

Cheers

Danny

Contactor
18-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Very reasonable

Brian_UK
19-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Well that's one way to do a quote without getting the calculator out :D:D

taz24
19-12-2007, 01:36 AM
Hi guys

Is there any subbys out there,if so.....

I would like to ask how much you would charge for example:

installing a 3.5 kw wall mounted split.The company your subbying for buys the unit.You buy the rest.Copper,lagging,tools ect

Iv just heard that a subby charges £800 for one unit with about a 9m run.

Is that way over charging or about right.

Cheers

Danny

The cost of all the tools aside.

For each job of about 9mtr with all the pipe, cable, armaflex and drains I would say that he would be on for a profit of about £650 to £700 a job.
Evan my bad maths works that out at more than £5k a month for only two jobs a week.

taz.

sinewave
20-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Is that including sorting out the electrical supplies? :eek:

That can be the Killer! :D

Danny11
20-12-2007, 01:12 AM
Hi guys

Good info there lads.

No sinewave that price was from the breaker onwards.

Cheers

Danny

paul_h
20-12-2007, 10:23 AM
I wish I could do that. That kind on installation here would be about au$800 if it was made to look neat (pipe ducting etc).
The trouble is in australia we can't wire any mains. Fridgies here are only licensed to repair internal wiring, or wire between the units. An isolator is as far as we can go.
Electricians are hard to find and charge the about the same as the fridgy would. Meaning on a $700 install they'd want $300-$350. So the installing mechanic only gets about $300 for a back to back, and from that you have to subtract all materials, which cost me more than the electricians parts, meaning it's not worth it as a fridgy to bother with installs.
That's why most domestic installs here are bad quality, they're done by labourers, plumbers and electricians instead (edit: as they can pay $200 and get an airconditioning gas licence and do it themselves anyway).
Most fridgies here are in commercial repair instead for more money.