PDA

View Full Version : cold store doors

smpsmp45
18-12-2007, 04:59 PM
We have been using various makes of cold store doors - sliding / higed right from MTH- Italy, ICV- Italy, PFI-Italy, DAN Doors- Denmark, Cool It- Germany, EMS- Germany, So also Occasioanlly from Spain, etc. Each company has specific designs & specific problems. In general what is the Forum Members experience on such doors & which make they find the best / Suitable & why?

Grizzly
18-12-2007, 05:57 PM
We have been using various makes of cold store doors - sliding / higed right from MTH- Italy, ICV- Italy, PFI-Italy, DAN Doors- Denmark, Cool It- Germany, EMS- Germany, So also Occasioanlly from Spain, etc. Each company has specific designs & specific problems. In general what is the Forum Members experience on such doors & which make they find the best / Suitable & why?

smpmp45
I can't tell you which door manufacturer is best.
From my experiance it's how the door opens that seemed to affect reliability.
Basically smaller store doors could be hinged, generally of single leaf construction.
These seemed to suffer if the door seals were damaged and tended to rely more heavily on the threshold heater working.
On the larger chamber doors they were allways of a sliding door construction. Also usually single leaf.
With these being operated by a pedestrian operated button and for the fork trucks cord operated.
There should also be a time delay between the door opening and closing. To allow safe passage for the fork trucks / pedestrians.
As everyone knows and I suspect yourself included!
The biggest problem is minimising the damage (and downtime) when these doors are hit with fork trucks.
In U.K. The phnumatic sliding door is favoured. Because once the piston has reahed the end of it's travel the door is the gliding on its runners.
Which if the design is correct allows the door to absorb some of the forces from being struck. By coming off the rails.
Putting them back on is somthing else mind!
I hope some of this is of use,as I say I can't answer directly as the supplier did not seem to matter as much as the design of operation.
Grizzlyhttp://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

smpsmp45
19-12-2007, 10:36 AM
What we have seen that the major difference in design is about the rollers on Bottom of the doors. Many doors come with these doors & becomes highly problematic as the rollers eventually get damaged due to MHE movement etc. MTH / PFI doors have guide on the wall panels itself & the bottom is very clean. That is a good design. But inside opening handle is badly designed by these damaging the gaskets while opening the doors from inside. That design of EMS & others is really good.

ebenezerk
28-02-2008, 08:05 AM
I have been using some of these too.I have found Dan to be heavier and rugged.These have been performing well.

Samarjit Sen
28-02-2008, 08:50 AM
We find that Dan Doors are very efficient and effective. Now we have standardised Dan Doors and ask the puf panel manufacturers to incorporate only Dan Doors in our projects.

smpsmp45
01-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Dan Doors is a very small company & do not use pUf injected panels. In many places - ofcourse not in India due to lack of clarity- Dan doors get rejected due to this fact. All shall ask for PUF injected doors.Our Principals in Denmark simply can not use these doors though logistically simple to transport.

steven heath
10-09-2008, 03:41 PM
scott doors uk good company