PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Comp and inverter

WCC73
18-12-2007, 01:30 AM
I have a Daikin underslung outdoor unit (single phase 10kw) which has failed under warranty after 3 months.
Fault code L5 and after many telephone conversations with Daikin they/ i have decided that it is a faulty comp and inverter board.
Does anybody have any tips with regarding the replacement.?It looks a bit of a sod of a job from what ii saw today.
I take it there is no point in me asking if Daikin will swap the outdoor unit complete which would make my life much easier?
Also do Daikin still offer a labour allowance for carrying out these jobs?

install monkey
18-12-2007, 11:53 PM
i had a 14kw cassette alarm on l5 after 5mth.used an inverter checker -45 quid and proved 3 outputs . replaced just the compressor and no probs that was 18 mth ago.

ritzz
05-11-2008, 07:10 AM
dear sir,i faced a problem with a daikin inverter system.i checked a daikin 12,000btu air con and found some dry joints on the board and i soldered and also repaired the leaking condenser.when i ran the unit its cooling bit the compressor is heating.i asked the fofum what could the fault but no answer. can anyone tell why the compressor is heating. the running amps is ok.

paul_h
05-11-2008, 11:47 AM
dear sir,i faced a problem with a daikin inverter system.i checked a daikin 12,000btu air con and found some dry joints on the board and i soldered and also repaired the leaking condenser.when i ran the unit its cooling bit the compressor is heating.i asked the fofum what could the fault but no answer. can anyone tell why the compressor is heating. the running amps is ok.
You are better off starting a new thread for questions like this, otherwise people might answer the first (very old) post rather than read further and see you have bumped the thread and have an entirely new question.

From what I gather, you are running a repaired daikin in cool mode, but the system is runing in heat mode?
First, see if you are getting 240v to the reversing valve coil. If so, you have a control problem (controller, wiring, pcb etc)

If you dont have mains power to the reversing valve solenoid, but the sytem is still in heat mode, you have a stuck valve. You could try beating the hell out of it with a rubber mallet. Or you may just need to replace the reversing valve.

water
05-11-2008, 01:44 PM
hi,
ı have a 12 year daikin system experience.

I m sure L5 is means inverter comp faliure %90
or %10 inverter Card

%50 both of faliure

ı succest that check pipe line and sure its dry and clean

basti
08-11-2008, 09:44 PM
hi,
ı have a 12 year daikin system experience.

I m sure L5 is means inverter comp faliure %90
or %10 inverter Card

%50 both of faliure

ı succest that check pipe line and sure its dry and clean

Closed ports in pipe line also cause L5 -alarms...

Check with megger compressor's electric insulation resistance also.