PDA

View Full Version : IR buys TRANE Inc

thermo prince
17-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Guys, you will probably wake up to the news that Ingersoll Rand has agreed to purchase TRANE HVAC (American Standard) for over USD10 billion. It will now join Thermo King and Hussmann inthe IR 'Climate Control' sector. Will be interesting to see what comes out of the mix. :)

regards
T-P

Grizzly
17-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Guys, you will probably wake up to the news that Ingersoll Rand has agreed to purchase TRANE HVAC (American Standard) for over USD10 billion. It will now join Thermo King and Hussmann inthe IR 'Climate Control' sector. Will be interesting to see what comes out of the mix. :)

regards
T-P
That will pee off Johnson Controls and United Technologies.
You just don't know who owns who anymore!
Thanks for the heads up thermo prince, interesting if not a little scary!
Grizzly

Lowrider
18-12-2007, 12:09 AM
a little scary?

I'm scared sh*tless!;)

I work for Trane and must say, I'm very interested what this will bring! At least the shares are up by 21,6%!

Lowrider
18-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Just got the news over e-mail!

It's official!

We'll get more info soon!

neil74
19-12-2007, 08:47 PM
l'm not surprised, there has been talk of it for a while!!!

Pooh
19-12-2007, 10:18 PM
If it's anything like Hussmann all I can see is redundancies, redundancies, redundancies and a loss of customers.
For an organisation that supposedly is involved in the service sector from what I am told have very little idea of running service companies.

Ian

Grizzly
20-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Ouch! POOH.
It sounds as if you have been there and had the t shirt. Was that with Hussman (arn't they part of WR now?)
It's Star now though isn't it?
They have a good reputation I don't no of many of their engineers leaving.Allways a good sign!
Cheers Grizzly

Lowrider
20-12-2007, 12:30 AM
I can't say anything about Hussmann and TK but Trane has a very good service department, espacially the one in Holland! (And that's not because I work there!)

s/market guru
26-12-2007, 05:03 AM
thats why the boys in oz didnt get their christmas hams this year, ingersoll spend to much money buying companies

absrbrtek
27-12-2007, 06:12 AM
I was in management for Hussmann for 2 years, an IR co. This was just about a year to two after the buyout.

Ir is going to send its lean teams in and clean house. It the IR way or the highway. Wage increases will be 2% to 3% max per annum. Percs such as vacations, over the rate etc will be taken away if IR feels there above what they consider suitable for the job title.

In 05 HM had a 50% turnover rate for employees in my region. They expected a 60% turnover rate in 06. These were people with 20 and 30 years with Hussmann, not fork lift drivers. They acted like this was business as usual.

Technicians are the lowest on the totem pole. IR feels they can treat them like crap and they will stay. They think they are a dime a dozen.

Tranes management will slowly get replaced by IR hand picked numbers crunchers that will just cut head count to bring up the bottom line. In my 2 years I saw the regional manager leave, wasn't replaced. Lean leader leave, wasn't replaced. General manager fired, wasn't replaced. Service managers at 2 other branches fired, were not replaced I had to run one of them. Salesman came and left like a revolving door.

By the time you knew who to contact for a product, product info, or tech support, the person was gone.

They are going to gut Trane like filleting a fish. It's a proven track record with IR, look at Bobcat, TK, HM, etc. JMHO

I could be wrong but I have seen them in action from the front lines. Everything revolves around the shareholders and stock prices, no matter what it takes to keep them happy they will. JMHO

Tesla
28-12-2007, 01:27 AM
Hi Guys
I recently started with Trane in Ausi as a controls tech. Trane in Ausi is run by Delkia who is owned by Violia (both french companies) First impressions from this company is they do want to weed out dead wood workers and improve efficiencies. The Manager has a good vision for the future. Well I gues we'll have to wait and see.