PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with a Mitsubishu

Abe
16-12-2007, 05:15 PM
I would appreciated any help I can receive regards with a Mitshubishi Inverter Split Wall Mount heat pump. Model Number FDKA 201

Unit has a hard wired remote controller

On starting the remote controller displayerd the following:

9F
Then 2 hand ( palm) symbols with the word, " WAIT " in between

Unit did not switch on, remained locked out. I rechecked all the connections, Power was ok at outdoor unit, and 240 v on interconnecting number 1

I checked all the XYZ connections on the remote to the indoor unit, All were fine.

Pressing the SW9 switch on the outdoor to initiate a test run produced nothing, although pressing the small white button on the indoor ( with japanese script) unit ran in cooling mode

Please help if anyone knows of this fault code

Regards
Abe

The Viking
16-12-2007, 05:38 PM
OK,
So it's a Mitsubishi HEAVY you are looking at.

I can't find the codes you are mentioning, normally their fault codes starts with an E.

But, This (http://www.3dair.co.uk/DOWNLOADS_may07/Service_manuals/Service%20Manual%20FDA%20series%20splits.pdf) is a link to the full service manual.

The "wait" bit does indicate that there is a problem with the communications, has the unit run or is it a new install?

Abe
16-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Viking

I apologise , I posted this under Legal, should have been under Air Conditioning.

Its a brand new install

Andy AC
16-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Abe, do you get the flashing palms/wait signal as soon as it is powered up or after you ask for heating/cooling?
These units will not let the compressor start unless the crankcase heater has been on long enough for the sensor on the top of the compressor to get warm enough. Until its warm, it will just sit there.
Have you checked your wiring through your internal isolator?

Andy

pavilion
17-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Abe
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the hand held IR sensor was factory connected, soon as i unpluged it the unit fired into life on the hard wired controller

Regards
Pavilion

Abe
17-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Abe, do you get the flashing palms/wait signal as soon as it is powered up or after you ask for heating/cooling?
These units will not let the compressor start unless the crankcase heater has been on long enough for the sensor on the top of the compressor to get warm enough. Until its warm, it will just sit there.
Have you checked your wiring through your internal isolator?

Andy

I did not see any flashing lights if I recall, but the unit was switched on at isolator , and compressor was not warm, And was freezing cold yesterday. I know Mitsu recommend swiching the isolator on 24 hours before.

Maybe it was locked out, I dont know, I still think something wrong with hard wired controller

Abe
17-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Abe
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the hand held IR sensor was factory connected, soon as i unpluged it the unit fired into life on the hard wired controller

Regards
Pavilion

pavillion

this unit only comes with a hard wired remote, no hand held ir......os is it somewhere in the indoor unit

Brian_UK
18-12-2007, 12:40 AM
He was talking about the indoor unit sensor so maybe there is one to look out for :)

pavilion
18-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Abe

The unit i installed came with a hard wired controller but the indoor unit was wired for a remote ir sensor which caused a conflict with the hard wired remote. Try speaking to 3D air sales tech guys (part of HRP) on 01359272211 they talked me through the problems while i was on site.

Regards
Pavilion.

Abe
18-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Abe

The unit i installed came with a hard wired controller but the indoor unit was wired for a remote ir sensor which caused a conflict with the hard wired remote. Try speaking to 3D air sales tech guys (part of HRP) on 01359272211 they talked me through the problems while i was on site.

Regards
Pavilion.

I spoke with Technical today, they said, take the front cover off, indo screws etc, and lift the entire casing off, located on the right hand side near the evap fan is a pcb board, lift it half way up, and look for a jumper link J31.

Cut the link in half. ie: sever it completely
Then the hard wired will work.........as you say, its wired to work with a hand held remote.

next question:

WHY THE BLEEDING HELL DONT THEY TELL US THIS WHEN THEY DELIVER THE UNIT, AND WHY IS A UNIT SUPPLIED WITH A HARD WIRED CONTROLLER BUT CONFIGURED TO A HAND HELD???

Lolllllll:):)

Now it means another trip 30 miles down the road and more fidgeting, at least the frown on my forehead has dissapeared.

Come on Mitsu, I rate you highly, but on this occasion you have stressed me.

I hope other members will be better served if installing similar, the units are the FDK versions.........not SRK

Thats my christmas holidays fouled up.....Ahh well

pavilion
18-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Know what you mean, spent a day trying to sort the thing out, not good on a tight quote :mad: Like you say better instructions please mitsi.

airconboy
20-01-2008, 05:47 PM
hey i installed some heavy twins and they did not tell me that i needed to set dip switches wasted alot of time ,they need to tell you things like that when you buy kit off them

nike123
20-01-2008, 08:29 PM
hey i installed some heavy twins and they did not tell me that i needed to set dip switches wasted alot of time ,they need to tell you things like that when you buy kit off them

Are you sure that this is not described in instalation manual?

S_Line
12-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Are you sure that this is not described in instalation manual?

its on a seperate sheet ;)

Springbok
17-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Hey Abe,never really experienced that code before.Could help if you phone Mitsubishi directly and speak to one of the consultants...