PDA

View Full Version : Evaporator experience??

Soko
14-12-2007, 03:41 PM
I have to choose supplier for cca 30pcs of evaporators and there are many options, mainly Italian manufacturers with similar prices. I have experience with most of brands but there is one I never saw before and it seems just fine, acording to a catalogue and offered price. (second cheapest)
On first look there aren't large difference in prices but with 30 medium to large evaps it could be up to 4000 eur.

I'm not allowed to post a link so google it: Siarco refrigeration

Is there anyone who worked with Siarco evaps (and condensers) before?
It would mean a lot to hear some experince from real life, even better how it perform after 2-5 years of operation.
I can see from their website that Australian market is important for them so I presume that I'll find someone here to help.

Thanks in advance

Toolman
15-12-2007, 03:28 AM
They ( the company and its equipment ) look good on their web site , I dont know what size condensers you are after but $4000 Euros for 30 items is only $133 each so they must be fairly small.
Either way ,You need to compare gauge thickness of copper being used, the thicker the gauge of copper the longer it will last .
I've seen plenty of condensers leak and its mainly on the end plate where the copper passes through the end plate . The pipes are held there by expanding them with pressure during manufacture .
So if the pipes are thin gauge at the start before they expand it they get thinner and WILL eventually be worn through by the end plate resting against the pipe .
Good luck just get a 5 year warranty that should cover your arse .
You may not be able to post a link but I can , so here it is : http://www.siarcorefrigeration.com/Prodotti_if.asp?l=2&p=prodotti

fridge doctor
16-12-2007, 06:59 PM
If Friga-Bohn is on your list, cross it off.

Giannis
16-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Hi,

Siarco is a partner of Zanotti spa Italy.
Also Zanotti uses Siarco coils.
Its a good company Good for italian market

smpsmp45
17-12-2007, 05:09 AM
That is right. Siarco is Zanotti's partner & we have used them a lot. WOrk good.

Soko
17-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Thank you, guys. It helps.

I already compared all the data from catalogues but my experience with italian manufacturers is: if it's written it doesnt mean it must be like that. That's why i'm asking for real-life experiences.

@toolman: i'm not buying condensers, it evaporators i'm interested in. And mentioned figure is not a price for all of them. It's total diference between lowest and highest price offered.
@fridge doctor: friga bohn is on the list. It is cheapest but it is crossed off in advance. :(

@smpsmp45: could you post some of your experience. What products have you used? Does stated capacity in the catalogue matches real life performance? (main problem with Italian manufacturers) What is fans usual period of operation before thay need to be changed? Quality of defrost heaters?

Toolman
22-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Thank you, guys. It helps.
@toolman: i'm not buying condensers, it evaporators i'm interested in. And mentioned figure is not a price for all of them. It's total diference between lowest and highest price offered.

Either way the info on gauge of copper matters condenser or evaporator .;)

Icefrog
14-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Why would you cross it off ?

osion
15-03-2008, 07:26 PM
One of my chinese supplier produced ice maker accessories like evaporator, condenser etc, and supply these accessories to many ice maker manufacturer.scotsman is their partner!Competitive price with high quality.

smpsmp45
17-03-2008, 07:47 AM
In our case we had supplied over 500 units of Zanotti which come with these coils. We had no trouble whatsoever with them in so many installations. you are right though that the capacity specified shall be based on WET coil & few others from Europe use Dry coil criteria. So apparantly the capacity seems on the lower side for those.

We have also used Lu-ve Spa, Italain co coils & I think they are the largest in Itlay. Have a fantasitc facotry & are supplying worldwide. You can try them as well.
The Fans were mostly from EBM ( AS all applications are for Cold Stores). Again excellent quality. On Blast freezers , we have used Sodeca Spain fans & again our exprience is really good. 800mm dia fans mostly. We have Zanottis working over 15 years now( Except for Hotel cold stores the coil never had any problems)

vinimac
21-03-2008, 04:21 AM
I am looking for the Evaporator Manufacturers using NH3 and *****. Does everybody help me??

Kind regards

Mr . Khang

Samarjit Sen
09-04-2008, 05:31 PM
For selecting the Evaporators, there are many factors to study. Firstly what is your application and wether the units are capable of performing the same.

We use a large number of Evaporators in our projects and found that units of Heatcraft, Kueba, Helpman etc are good and performs fine. Recently we had a Refrigeration Exhibition in our country, and there were Siarco, Kueba and Thermokey other than many more. I found the Evaporators of Thermokey are good. They also have Evaporators for NH3. The link to them is www.thermokey.com (http://www.thermokey.com). It is a Italian firm and are associates of RefComp compressors.

mbadanai
04-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Here's a bit of history and contacts if you need them.

RefComp and Thermokey form together the RTH group which is an independent group which has one owner who is the original founder Mr. Candio.
RefComp makes the very same screw and piston compressors at their factories both near Vicenza in Italy and in Shanghai in China while Thermokey makes many types of heat exchangers for Air Con, Refrigeration , Process Control, Close Control , Power and Energy and Solar Energy markets and manufactures in Italy , China and Brazil.

About 30 years ago Mr. Candio used to own Artec (heat exchangers) which he after sold to Alfa Laval. After RefComp was then founded and was a pioneering company with screw compressor technology specifically designed for HVAC and Refrigeration applications. During this past century Bitzer used to sell the large RefComp screw compressors through their sales network because back then they did not manufacture yet this kind of new screw compressor.
After Thermokey was then founded. Nowdays Thermokey is pioneering in large aluminium microhannel heat exchangers specifically designed for HVAC and Refrigeration applications

you can contact them at :

sales@refcomp.it
sales@thermokey.it

coolhibby1875
04-06-2010, 04:34 PM
i always use searle, and never have problems!!

rickyccong
07-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Evaporator Enhanced copper tubing Quality must be good and best if it could meet the American Society of Mechanical Engineer (ASME) Section 2 Part B - B111 C12000 specification. All copper tubing MUST be tested by Eddy Current Tubing Examination to ensure no defects after manufactured and stated on the mill certificate.
Condenser & Evaporator tubing failure is very costly and could damage the compressor and water entering to the shell side that could take days, weeks or month to vacuum.
Eddy Current Tubing is fully use by the Oil/Gas Industrial & Power Plant to monitor Heat Exchanger Tubing.