PDA

View Full Version : energy saving module

jess
13-12-2007, 11:04 AM
hi there,

im new to this and am wondering has any one any experience with the smart cool systems energy saving module, is it the only option available and how does it work?

medostar198
04-04-2008, 11:16 AM
oh i think i can help u
if in ur country there is a difrrent in electricity cost between day & night
u can consruct a refrigeration cycle work during the day (low cost) and during these cycle store an amount of ice at alow temp. (in my project -30 c)
then during the night u use the ice as a cooling source if u want the design of the cycle tell me

Brian_UK
04-04-2008, 10:51 PM
hi there,

im new to this and am wondering has any one any experience with the smart cool systems energy saving module, is it the only option available and how does it work?Have you checked their website for their description of operation?

cpspower
08-06-2010, 10:11 AM
hi Jason
did you come to a conclusion on the smart cool system?
thanks

mjgwc
12-06-2010, 10:46 AM
hey hi cpspower,,,mmjgwc here n i hv module of energy saving,,,our company produce PROA type additive,,which gives u guarenteed 10% minimum saving,,,,so plz communicate...

Custom Coils
16-07-2010, 10:20 AM
I really don't have any idea whether any energy saver works or not.. There are some companies who offer guaranteed energy saving.

Segei
16-07-2010, 10:44 PM
I really don't have any idea whether any energy saver works or not.. There are some companies who offer guaranteed energy saving.
This is another prove that they know nothing about refrigeration. To compare apple and apple and to guarantee energy savings, refrigeration load should be constant. Can they guarantee constant refrigeration load?

magy
20-07-2010, 11:08 AM
cool ideas!

wanshah
10-12-2010, 04:09 AM
hi there,

im new to this and am wondering has any one any experience with the smart cool systems energy saving module, is it the only option available and how does it work?

I would say the option can be others, like scheduling by you or system selection by doing retrofitting. This option for existing building. For new building you can concentrate on passive approach, reduce the cooling load since 70% energy come from airconditioning system.

deetooarruk
01-02-2011, 09:03 PM
hi there,

Hi Jess,

I have seen these systems installed onto a supermarket refrigeration system. If it is the smartcool system I have come across, it will be a system comprised of a few parts in a transparant-front enclosure. I've seen these installed to 4-compressor packs and i'm not allowed to say a bad word about them (I have my own opinions and cannot vent them like r404a to atmosphere & we are also in competition with smartcool systems).

Basically, what I have seen of these systems is that it delays the starting of compressors (in multi-compressor systems), monitors the suction pressure, adjusting the starting and loading according to the 'calculated' load on the system. I think it takes the rate of change into consideration and saves energy by reducing compressor starts p/hr...

If anyone does know more on these systems, or i'm wrong about the way it works, please correct me.

If you want any Energy Saving advice, PM me. I'm always glad to help.

J.

install monkey
01-02-2011, 11:38 PM
first post 2007- i think jess is a guru with smartcool systems haha

deetooarruk
02-02-2011, 10:58 PM
first post 2007- i think jess is a guru with smartcool systems haha

probably by now.. I just have a bad habit of putting them into 'bypass' when I come across them... Let the controller do the work... :)

Segei
03-02-2011, 03:12 AM
Hi Jess,

I have seen these systems installed onto a supermarket refrigeration system. If it is the smartcool system I have come across, it will be a system comprised of a few parts in a transparant-front enclosure. I've seen these installed to 4-compressor packs and i'm not allowed to say a bad word about them (I have my own opinions and cannot vent them like r404a to atmosphere & we are also in competition with smartcool systems).

Basically, what I have seen of these systems is that it delays the starting of compressors (in multi-compressor systems), monitors the suction pressure, adjusting the starting and loading according to the 'calculated' load on the system. I think it takes the rate of change into consideration and saves energy by reducing compressor starts p/hr...

If anyone does know more on these systems, or i'm wrong about the way it works, please correct me.

If you want any Energy Saving advice, PM me. I'm always glad to help.

J.
I'm just curios. How does reduction of compressor starts save energy?:confused:
I thought that reduction of run time save energy.:)

deetooarruk
21-02-2011, 12:04 AM
I'm just curios. How does reduction of compressor starts save energy?:confused:
I thought that reduction of run time save energy.:)

Hi Segei,

Bear in mind I work on 4x recip compressor paks for supermarket refrigeration.

When you start a compressor, you pull around 2-4 times the FLC of a compressor on start-up, for example: 50A FLC is anywhere between 100A-200A to start up. It's only a blip, maybe less than 0.5 second on the power meter, but if you do this 8/12/16/18 times an hour, that 'blip' can/will become a big electricity bill.

Soft-Start is a better way of starting a compressor, achieved using a VSD. This can make the the starting of a compressor not so bang-and-it's-running, by means of a ramp in frequency/current. And on the plus side, the softer start will help prolong the life of the motor coils by not spiking the coils with a whack of full current.

That is my understanding of it. Most of the time I get told to 'rip that one out and put this one in'.

Segei
21-02-2011, 06:52 PM
In energy savings it is very important to do simple math. Let's take maximum numbers that you gave. Current 4 times, time 0.5 sec, 18 times per hour. 4x 0.5x18=36 sec of normal operation. 1 hour has 3600 sec. So you try to improve 1% (36/3600) of operating time. This is oper. time of one compressor. For 4 compressors you try improve 0.25% of compressor power. Probably, this will be maximum 0.2% of energy use of whole plant. Assume that this improvement is 50%(this is very good). However, it will save at best 0.1% of plant energy use. This is almost nothing. 1 psig lower condensing pressure will save more energy.

Brian_UK
21-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Most soft start devices, VSD's etc., can save on peak loads which is how some electricity companies charge for their product. So, if you can reduce that peak load then you may save money; saving energy I will leave to the experts. ;)

Segei
22-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Most soft start devices, VSD's etc., can save on peak loads which is how some electricity companies charge for their product. So, if you can reduce that peak load then you may save money; saving energy I will leave to the experts. ;)
It is very interesting issue. Who are the experts? Actually, I believe that I'm expert in energy savings in industrial refrigeration.:cool:

Brian_UK
23-02-2011, 12:26 AM
It is very interesting issue. Who are the experts? Actually, I believe that I'm expert in energy savings in industrial refrigeration.:cool:
Well there you are then, an expert found. :)