PDA

View Full Version : Hand held IAQ instruments

thermo prince
13-12-2007, 06:36 AM
Hi all,

Appreciate the collective wisdom & practical experience of the RE group to advise on what would be best brand, model and price around for a reasonable quality hand held meter for 'indoor air quality' measurement.

I looked on Fluke, Testo and Baccarach sites but some of their stuff is wildly expensive but also seems more biased on the furnace/combustion side like O2, CO and Co2 alone.

I am looking for general purpose instrument that can do those 3 gas above but also NoX, formaldehyde etc( as many VOC as possible within reasonable price).

Application is really "indoor" alright but inside trains and city buses etc on streets of Hk, Bangkok, Shanghai etc.

much appreciated,
T-P

PS pls dont suggest Gray Wolf instr - 5 emails later to their US and Shannon offices and I still cannot get price quote!

expat
14-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Have a look on the radiospares' site they have tons of different meters.

Myself, however, I will say I am so sick of tools that don't do the job that I would prefer to put the right money and get something that works.

I recently bought a Testo thermo hygrometer.
Disadvantage: it cost a lot of money!
Advantage: I trust it.

thermo prince
17-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Thanx for taking time to reply Expat. I know what you mean about 'investing' in good quality tools & instruments and how they help improve efficiencies and quality of service, when used in the right hands.
There's so much garbage around these days in all fields, from LCC " low cost countries" as they are called.

I looked at the RS site - seems like the same 'quite basic' combustion analysers from Fluxx and Testxx.
Still open to any good instruments from Uk, Denmark, Sweden, Italy etc that can look for VOC compounds: not only the 2 brands from US & Germany above.

thanx again and regards
T-P