PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Trap vs. Liquid Drainer

packie81
12-12-2007, 03:03 AM
Which to you prefer: Armstrong Inverted bucket or Hansen/Danfoss ball floats? Why?

Just looking for opinions.

Steve

McFranklin
12-12-2007, 06:54 AM
I have used both, and would typically use the Hansen first. In one installation with the Armstrong units we had to retrofit the top cap. Armstrong makes what they called a "wiggle wire" that goes through the vent hole to keep it clear of oil. Armstrong's customer service did everything they needed to clear the problem. Two other factors that come into play are name recognition and financial. At the companies that I have worked for the pricing levels have always been better for Hansen, then Danfoss/Phillips. And while Armstrong traps and purgers have been around for a long time, Armstrong is not the first brand that comes to my mind or most of my customers.

US Iceman
13-12-2007, 05:47 AM
I have used both on a recent project. We looked at individual cost versus capacity at the various operating conditions.

Armstrong is a good name but they unfortunately are not too interested in the ammonia refrigeration business. However, there are some guys at the factory who are quite helpful in answering questions though.