PDA

View Full Version : Psychometrics Help

kaspastarr
09-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Ok im a student at willsden collage doing the third year and im not understanding the psychometrics bit, its been explained a few times but is still not sinking in.
i would like to know all the formulars for for working out; RH (relative humidity), Enthalpy, SH (spesific humidity), SHR (sensible heat ratio), Volume, DP (dew point, WB (wet bulb) also MFR (mass flow rate), Induced Volume, Swept Volume, Specific Volume, and Volume Flow Rate. Any help on ANY of this would be much appreciated.:)

Ide like not just to pass the year but to have a good understanding abouit what im talking about.

thanx

Brian_UK
10-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Hi Kaspa,

Have a look at one of the previous threads on psychometrics, it may be of use to you.
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6559&highlight=psychometric

Contactor
10-12-2007, 12:44 AM
Have studied at Willesden, some of the teaching is great and some is downright appalling - one level 3 lecturer is particularly unhelpful - maybe you should change days if possible, they should be helping you with this after all ....

thermo prince
10-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Hi Kaspa,

As Brian said, some real good material there in the posts from Dec 2006. Thanx to AbbyNormal for his detailed explanations, which we all enjoy.

Here is another basic link which you may find of use.

http://www.desert-aire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=50&category_id=34&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

regards :)
T-P

lana
10-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Hi there,

Try to find this book. There is a fantastic chapter in psychrometric.

"Air Conditioning Engineering" Fourth edition by W.P.Jones
Published by Edward Arnold ISBN 0-340-55637-4

The author was my lecturer at the UCL. I believe if you study this book then you will have no problem.

Good Luck
Cheers

sparrow
10-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Hi Kaspa

Have you found all of the answers yet? I think if you look up what a Hygrometer does, and sit with a psychrometer in front of you with a Psychrometric chart.
you could then plot your own readings, and this will instantly give you your Dew point,RH, Enthalpy is the measure of the total energy in the air,the energy content per unit weight(btu/1lb)
Enthalpy is read where the appropriate wet bulb line crosses the diagonal scale above the saturation curve.
Air with the same amount of energy may be either dry hot air, or cool moist air.

hope it helps a little

Sparrow.:cool:

kaspastarr
11-12-2007, 11:35 PM
thanks guys its all really helpfull im gonna ask my tutor tomorrow if he can give me ALL the fomulars but ive looked at the links and i think the penny is SLOWLY dropping
MUCHOS APPRECIOS