PDA

View Full Version : York Controller Password

marc5180
08-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Just had a call out for tomorrow to a restaurant that has a Lennox unit with a York controller inside the HVAC panel. The guy that went to it this evening said that he couldn't get into the controller as it was asking for a password, he was trying to determine the setpoints. Before i go does anyone know what the standard password is for York controllers?

Grizzly
08-12-2007, 10:33 PM
marc
I did not realise that Lennox used York Controllers.
What type of controller is it?
With the basic rooftop / Unitary controllers :-
TYPES- DSL 600, 610 AND 700
In Cool Mode.
Select the temperature you want your equipment to maintain while in cooling mode by momentarily pressing the up or down button. The temperature setpoint is displayed for 5 seconds after releasing the button.
In Heat Mode .
Select the temperature you want your equipment to maintain while in heating mode by pressing and holding the up or down button. The temp setpoint is displayed for 5 secs after releasing the button.
If I can help further let me know once you know what type of controller it is.
Cheers Grizzlyhttp://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

marc5180
08-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Hi Grizzly, i didn't think Lennox used York controllers either...they normally have their own little controller but hes adamant that its York and until i get there i wont know. Thanks for the info though i'll take it with me so i'm prepared.

frank
09-12-2007, 09:40 PM
The default codes are

Level 1 = 1234
Level 2 = 4321

marc5180
10-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the codes frank they will come in handy i'm sure. Got to the site on Sunday, didn't need a code to access the setpoints as the other guy mentioned. It was a Lennox unit and it was controlled through a York controller as well as other AHU's. The coil was freezing up due to the unit being short of refrigerant causing the unit to trip out due to no airflow... :D

Grizzly
10-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Marc.
Thanks for the update, allways nice to find out how someone got on.
Pure luck to of guessed the correct access route. As we said before strange setup.
But all's well that ends well!
Grizzlyhttp://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif (the other guy!)

marc5180
29-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Just to let you know the controller did need a password to change certain settings, if anyone is looking for one try 5555.