PDA

View Full Version : Back inside wall of fridge warm to touch

jamstu77@google
08-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Hi,
I have an electrolux ERN 2820 fridge/freezer. It is approx 4 years old.
The freezer works fine but not so sure about top fridge compartment.
Rear internal casing area above drain hole warm to touch.
Other areas of internal casing at the rear are cold to touch. Is this normal ?
I have noticed that some foods such as milk do not seem to be keeping as fresh as they should.
Upper section appears to be cooling food / drink fine and water droplets are freezing on casing near top.
Can anyone help ?
Thanks
Stu

fridge doctor
08-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Sir,

With the greatest of respect you are clearly not a refrigeration engineer, and it would seem you are seeking advice from professionals in order to address the issue yourself.

The RE site exists for the exchange of ideas and knowledge between qualified persons, who of course understand the basics of what is being said. Having said that, many of the engineers on this site, myself included, are willing to help wherever possible.

I would suggest from the limited information you have given, that you MAY have a problem, but that if you do it is probably not associated with the warmth you are describing above the drain outlet.

This really isn't something that can be diagnosed from a distance, and I strongly urge you to bring in a reliable and qualified person to give you an opinion first hand. :)

trevor

bernard
08-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Hi

Firstly take some temperature readings you,ll probably find your freezer is also running high temp.

Regards Bernard

monkey spanners
08-12-2007, 09:26 PM
If its one of those frost free jobbies you could try turning it off for 48hrs to defrost it. They would be better named 'frost out of sight' fridges. Is the little fan running? if fitted?