PDA

View Full Version : Solenoid valve

vjaiswal
08-12-2007, 09:20 AM
I have just started my career in Ref & AC field. I got stuck up at solenoid valve. What is its function in a chilling package?

The Viking
08-12-2007, 02:35 PM
A solenoid valve is a mechanical shut off valve that is either open or shut depending on if it got power to the coil or not.
The coil is an electro magnet that creates an magnetic field when energised, this in turn changes position of the valve itself and a spring and/or pressure will return the valve to the original position when the coil is de-energised.

As to what it's function is in your specific case is hard to tell as it all depends on which line it shuts off.
(Liquid line-stops the refrigerant flow to the evaporators, between discharge and suction-could be for pressure equalisation pre start-up, between liquid an suction-could be to cool the compressor down, and so on, the applications are numerous)

sohail
08-12-2007, 06:11 PM
A solenoid valve is used to control the liquid line in large air conditioning systems, it is connected between the liquid line and suction line to allow refrigerant to pass through it when the compressor is short of capacity. also it is employed in refrigerators for hot gas defrost connected from discharge line to the evaporator coil.

absolute-zero
11-12-2007, 03:32 AM
If you like solenoid valves, then you will love transport refrigeration units, there all over the place. i posted a thread over in transport follow the link,

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10610

some would say its a mess,,, i say its another day for a walk in the park....