PDA

View Full Version : Trane Cassette

WCC73
06-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Can anybody help.HAving issues with a Trane TWK542 cassette system.Indoor bord beeps once on power up, but nowt else.Have replaced indoor board and receiver board.Anybody aware of any safety devices?Also cant even get indoor unit to run on fan only.Its like the indoor unit is doing nowt.Does anybody know if there is a water level sensor and if this can hold off everything?????
Trane tech have been as much use as a ashtray on a motorbike.

WCC73
07-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Anyone???????????

The Viking
07-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Nope, sorry but I never seen a Trane cassette.

However, what I normally does in situations like that is to rip it apart and check everything.

Is the fan motor having the right resistances?
Is the float where it should be and open/closed (if open try and close it to see what happens and vice versa)?
Are all fuses OK?
Is there power where power should be?

And so on.

WCC73
08-12-2007, 01:42 AM
Cheers.

Like you ,ive never seen a Trane cassette before, and would rather not see one in the future.Guess i'm going to have to rip the guts out of it.

paul_h
08-12-2007, 06:21 AM
Most cassettes have a drain pump, and float switch for fault cut out if the drain is full. I guess the simplest test is to find the drain plug, put a bucket under it and pull it out and see if the unit is full of water.

FreezerGeezer
08-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Can anybody help.HAving issues with a Trane TWK542 cassette system.Indoor bord beeps once on power up, but nowt else.Have replaced indoor board and receiver board.Anybody aware of any safety devices?Also cant even get indoor unit to run on fan only.Its like the indoor unit is doing nowt.Does anybody know if there is a water level sensor and if this can hold off everything?????

Well, I'm no longer at Trane! :rolleyes:

To be fair, they have always been ****e on the splits side largely becasue it's not something that Trane as a company really take any interst in. We often had to go ask the factory as there's almost nothing available to tech support for the splits - and the factory as often as not didn't know either! :mad:

Anything on the commercial side though, from packaged units to chillers they should be very good on.

I can still help with some things as long as my memory lasts. The Voyager series of packaged units were my speciality.

grump
10-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Trane Chillers etc A1 How old are the splits they certainly Were a bit sub standard when they first came on the market quite a few years ago as were the York units.Grump:D:D:D

Lowrider
10-01-2008, 09:27 PM
TWK indicates the outdoor unit! What type of indoor unit do you have? I have most of the manuals, send me a pm with your e-mail adres and I'll send you the correct one!

FreezerGeezer
15-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Sorry WCC73, this rings a faint bell but I cannot recall what I knew of it & there's nothing in my files or open source as far as I can find.
Have you found the problem?
If not, can you tell me what the indoor unit is (model & ser. if poss.) and the controller (or at least what it looks like), and I'll ring someone for you.

WCC73
16-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Sorry WCC73, this rings a faint bell but I cannot recall what I knew of it & there's nothing in my files or open source as far as I can find.
Have you found the problem?
If not, can you tell me what the indoor unit is (model & ser. if poss.) and the controller (or at least what it looks like), and I'll ring someone for you.

Hello FG.
Problem still isnt fixed yet.I have promised the customer i will get to the bottom of it in the next week( or will get Trane in, which i reallt dont wont to do).
Controller is a IR.
Numbers i have are as follows:
Twk 542bd0eaa and MWC 542cb0raa

Muchas Gracias

FreezerGeezer
31-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Hi mate.
I'm really sorry, I've checked with my mates & they can't remember it either.

From memory though there isn't a lift pump on these - it's purely a gravity drain.

The only thing I can suggest is (as unlike Daikin it's not controls it's all electro-mechanical off the board), you try metering all the inputs & outputs to try & see what it thinks it's doing.

Sorry. :(

anesti
02-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Hi! For me the TRANE is a good production.I think that you must check all electric circuit.One of the couses may be the water sensor.I know that in heat mode system,inside thr unit hasn't got water but the sensor can be demaged in any time.

PETER MAHONEY
03-02-2008, 04:49 PM
PHONE TRANE TECHNICAL SUPPORT 0845 165 162 OR TRANE.COM

Lowrider
05-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Peter Mahony,

Nice to see you have joined the forum!

Have you done the inductions training with your engineers yet!

Had lot's of fun with Ap and "the italian to malta"!

FreezerGeezer
07-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Hello Pete. So you finally got an 0800 no. for tech. support then? :D How's things in Warrington mate?

(I used to run the warranty in HQ some time back ;) )