PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi FXG Fault

stuartwking
06-12-2007, 09:19 PM
HI everyone,hope you can help.Have a site with Hitachi RAS-30FXG1 condensors and RPI-1,5FSNE indoors.Having problem with 32 faults codes,Some times we find 03 codes due to change over boxes, plug onto pcb Cn9 comms wiring poor connection and crimps for comms wiring onto terminal strips loose.Anyone else had this problem?, the kit is 2 years old.More details on there way if need be.

Thermatech
06-12-2007, 11:30 PM
sometimes commission & trouble shoot these systems so i would be interested to know how you found & resolved the faults.
Hitachi Set Free system is very good but H link is only 5v d/c so I think it might be a bit weak.

stuartwking
07-12-2007, 12:14 AM
The system has been faulting maybe once every two months on 32 faults but once on site could not find any problems.Had Hitachi up to site twice but still faulting.Eventually caught the system (twice) with dodgy connections on two separate change over boxes. A small wiggle of connections and units fired up and all was well.Been round all units and double checked everything but feel system quality has let us down.Have you seen problems with factory connections before??,,

Jase
09-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Stuart,
there may be an indoor pcb playing up which unfortunately happens from time to time and causes headache:(. You got a cs-net hooked up on the site?
If so then disconnect this for a period of time and monitor the situation.

Jase

stuartwking
11-12-2007, 01:40 AM
Hi Jase,.Yeah there is a CS Net on the system, We tried the system with no CS Net for 2 months as there are local controllers also but system still faulted during that time.The indoor pcbs have all been self tested several times and some have been replaced as hitachi finally admitted that the older ones had problems with relays sticking.If there are any indoor boards playing up we have not caught them all this time.Now it has been another month since it last faulted so fingers crossed.maybe the big D sabotaged it!!! haha, only joking jase,.

Thermatech
11-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Went to one this week with reported 03 fault but on arrival at site contractor advised all indoor unit remote controllers reporting 03.
So made Bline to outdoor & found someone had changed refrigerant address from factory setting 0 to address 1. So all indoor units with factory setting refrigerant address 0 looking for an outdoor unit address 0 which did not exist.
Reset outdoor address back to 0 & power reset ,,,,,,,, bobs your uncle.
If only they were all as easy.

Had another one back in the summer with 32 faults & one unit with 03 fault at commissioning.
Checked , double checked , tripple checked indoor unit & CH box circuit boards & wiring connections all seemed ok. So asked installer to throw in a temp new control wiring connection between CH box & indoor unit to be sure cable was ok. System fired & ran without fault ,,,,,,,,,,sound as a pound. So installer ran in a new replacement cable & that resoved problem.

Its relatively easy to track down any permanant communication fault but the intermittent ones can be very difficult.

Jase
16-12-2007, 10:59 PM
OK, I think I might know of this site!!
As I remember the mains wiring is not the 'norm' as there is busbars above ceilings which serve as a common loop to all sockets, lights and air-con/ventilation on each floor.
This could easy be where your problems are arising from.
I'd recommend a dedicated ring main for all fan coils and ch boxes. Why not offload your queries to the building consultants. After all, they are the experts...are'nt they??:D

Jase

ACM
17-12-2007, 02:00 PM
HI everyone,hope you can help.Have a site with Hitachi RAS-30FXG1 condensors and RPI-1,5FSNE indoors.Having problem with 32 faults codes,Some times we find 03 codes due to change over boxes, plug onto pcb Cn9 comms wiring poor connection and crimps for comms wiring onto terminal strips loose.Anyone else had this problem?, the kit is 2 years old.More details on there way if need be.

The problem 32 alarm is caused by one indoor unit that loses its communication with the outdoor, this unit will show an 03 alarm and all others will show the 32.

so the next time you have a reported 32 alarm tell the customer not to reset any thing, then when you visit site you will see the above and thats the unit that caused the problem, make sure the transformer plugs are changed over on the CH Box and indoor, 220v is standard for south Europe, so chage the plug to the 240v position, if wiring is all ok then thats it.

DoD
04-02-2008, 07:22 PM
hi there mr K... i have a funny feeling i have attended a site similar to this one.. one time i was on the site till the early hours of the morning but a great fellow colleuge of mine came round after doing his shopping to give me a hand in his spare time.. he was a great guy..!!! lol...

you still havin problems with it?? i changed every single board on that site and feel that changing all the internal wiring between controllers and boxes and units might be the way forward if the problem still exists.. but failing all that rip out the S**T hitachi and stick in some daikins.. lol.. go on stu you know you want to..!! xoxox oh and give that woman on site my love.. ;0)

stuartwking
04-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Hi DoD thanks for the reply,Since i was there back at start of dec and went round all change over boxes and checked all plugs onto pcbs the site has not faulted since!!. How good am i!. No doubt now i have said that it will break down! haha. Hitachi are not all bad you no,,. You no i would Help you out anytime of night, Thats the sort of guy i am,.