PDA

View Full Version : 1/4 Flare Flexable Gauge Lines.

Grizzly
06-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Hi Guys.
Can anyone help? I removed a flexable 1/4 flare gauge line, connected to a brazed schraeder port. On H.P. Liquid line. Feeding a H.P. Pressure switch, changed the faulty pressure switch.
When I came to refit the line there was no schrader decompression fitting in the line? All I could see was a female flare seat.
I assume I had managed to loose the fitting!
Can anyone advise as to where I can get a replace ment?
Also what do you call these little bliters.
Pressumeably they are similar to the removable decompressors in newly bought gauge lines.
Grizzly.
PS I don't know if it is relevant but it was on an Italian Chiller.
To get over the problem I cracked open the schraeder valve from it's seat and re-attached the gauge line. Leaveing a label on it warning other Engineers that the schraeder is cracked open (passing) as a temporary measure.

The Viking
06-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Most of the major suppliers (HRP, D&W, CC and so on) will sell them, I don't know what the proper name is but when I ask for "a schraeder depressor that sits in a 1/4" flare" they knows what I mean.

Grizzly
06-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Yo Viking.
Say it as you see it!
Apparantly my supervisor (a while back) asked the local manager of 1 of the three you mentioned and drew a blank.
Anyway I will try them again in the morning.
Many thanks Grizzly.
Does anyone feel they are called anything different?

monkey spanners
06-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Theres a bit in this months 'service engineer' mag about these things (depressors). You may need to buy a new flexible hose with one already in, as you would need a depressor sized to fit exactly the hose already fitted otherwise.

Jon

Grizzly
06-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Jon.
Sounds like a temporary repair that's about to become permanent. If that's the case, customer won't pay for new lines. I will post how I get on at the suppliers. I hav'nt seen this months Service Engineer yet. I will try and pick one up tomorrow.
Cheers Grizzly.

The Viking
06-12-2007, 08:22 PM
There is of course another alternative.

Get another fitting with a depressor in it and fit in-between the line and the system....

Grizzly
06-12-2007, 09:22 PM
See what "another pair of eyes" does.
Good shout Viking, one way or another it will be resolved tomorrow. With a trip to the wholesalers.
Cheers Grizzly

chubbs
06-12-2007, 11:39 PM
hi mate,what you can puchase is a male to female 1/4 flare which has a depresser fitted,known some suppliers as a swivel hope this is some help
Hi Guys.
Can anyone help? I removed a flexable 1/4 flare gauge line, connected to a brazed schraeder port. On H.P. Liquid line. Feeding a H.P. Pressure switch, changed the faulty pressure switch.
When I came to refit the line there was no schrader decompression fitting in the line? All I could see was a female flare seat.
I assume I had managed to loose the fitting!
Can anyone advise as to where I can get a replace ment?
Also what do you call these little bliters.
Pressumeably they are similar to the removable decompressors in newly bought gauge lines.
Grizzly.
PS I don't know if it is relevant but it was on an Italian Chiller.
To get over the problem I cracked open the schraeder valve from it's seat and re-attached the gauge line. Leaveing a label on it warning other Engineers that the schraeder is cracked open (passing) as a temporary measure.