PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerant Scale

Ringwood
05-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Hi all,

I intrudeced myself in the LOUNGE a few weeks ago. I am new to the field and am begining to get some equipment to start. I have a chance to pick up Snap-on ACT120A Refrigerant Scale. The on-line specs state that it is for R12 or R134a refrigerants. Why would this scale specify those 2 refrigerants only. Could this scale be used to weigh any refrigerants?

Thanks for your input.

Brian_UK
05-12-2007, 09:27 PM
If you are talking about the verical glass cyclinder type scale then I would say "Save your money".

You can't use then with the current, modern, range of gases so just get a good set of digital scales.

Ringwood
05-12-2007, 10:34 PM
This looks like a regular digital scale.
I was going to post a link to on-line info but I haven't posted enough on this board yet. If you google ACT120A you can see the unit I am talking about.

Thanks

Brian_UK
06-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Had a look Ringwood and to be honest I really can't see why they have said R12/R134a.

As you are only placing the cylinder on top of the scales to weigh it you could also use it for a sack of potatoes if you wanted ;)

What I did before the firm paid for some good scales was to get a digital parcel scale, the sort that has a hook on it rather like a fishermans measure., or this
http://www.monstermarketplace.com/Sports/Landing1533a449.html

Used to tie it off across my step-ladder and hang the bottle off it.

Ringwood
06-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Thanks Brian,

That was my thinking also.

Sid...

...If it ain't broken, we'll fix it until it is!