PDA

View Full Version : Daikin refnet positions

Mogwai
05-12-2007, 07:26 PM
I am currently installing a Daikin VRV iii. I have limited space between BS box and refnets. other than the refnet being flat as we all know from the "water" video. Is there any other "must do`s". There is a rumor in my company that after the refnet there must be 500mm before any bends in the pipe. I have looked everywhere to find if this is true, cant find anything that says it is.

Brian_UK
05-12-2007, 08:01 PM
What does it say in the Daikin instructions?

Mogwai
05-12-2007, 08:11 PM
The instructions dont say anything about it. iv always found Daikin manuals to be abit short on info when it comes to fine details.

aircool
05-12-2007, 09:01 PM
did a job where there was no space either and there was a bend less than 400mm and the units working good,don,t listen 2 rumors..

Obi Wan
05-12-2007, 09:30 PM
I am currently installing a Daikin VRV iii. I have limited space between BS box and refnets. other than the refnet being flat as we all know from the "water" video. Is there any other "must do`s". There is a rumor in my company that after the refnet there must be 500mm before any bends in the pipe. I have looked everywhere to find if this is true, cant find anything that says it is.

Hi Mogwai,

The 500mm distance you refer to is related to the outdoor unit joints and not for the indoor unit joints. On the VRV III systems where there is a combination of 2 or 3 outdoor units, you will need to install the new Y type joints. There should be no bends within 500mm leading up to the centre of the joint. The joint must be installed in a horizontal position, you have a + or – 7.5º angle of tolerance, too small to see by eye so keep it horizontal.
The info is in the outdoor unit installation manual or in the outdoor unit refnet joint installation manual.

Regards

Obi Wan

Mogwai
05-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Cheers mate. thats cleared up a couple of things. U r truely the master and i am the padawan. lol:D