PDA

View Full Version : recovery tank question

flyboy3b
05-12-2007, 01:04 AM
this is probably a stupid question,, but what the heck,,,,

on a standard yellow and gray recovery tank there is a vapor port and a liquid port. if i take liquid out of a cooler and put it in the recovery tank,,, how do i get the liquid back into the cooler?
in other words,,, do i need to invert the bottle, or is the liquid line attached to a tube at the bottom of the tank?

thanks,
mike

Brian_UK
05-12-2007, 01:31 AM
In a two tap bottle the liquid tap is connected to the bottom of the tank with a dip tube.

If all else fails, use the vapour tap and invert the tank.

flyboy3b
05-12-2007, 01:45 AM
sheesh,, i never thought of that,,, invert the bottle and use the vapor line. thanks brian

Latte
05-12-2007, 03:23 AM
Whilst on the subject of recovering gas, does anyone else put a drier in the line to filter any contaminates out or is it just me being anal

Regards

Raymond

Quality
05-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Buy a Polar Pump cause they have a servicable strainier inside then you don`t need an external one after all they are only used to prevent solid foriegn matter entering the compressor and causing damage

Tony
05-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Raymond,

it is good practice to put a filter/dryer in the line as you are recovering.

Some manufacturers of recovery units insist on it.

PaulZ
05-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi Raymond
We use a drier on the suction to our recovery units. This helps to protect the recovery compressor and is usually changed each time they are used, cheap insurance.
Some makers also recommend a small amount of oil in the suction as well, helps to lubricate the bearings.
Paul

flyboy3b
05-12-2007, 04:25 PM
i have a drier for that purpose,, but i havent worked on a system that i would doubt the cleanliness of the refrigerant. i have this picture in my head of sucking some kinda gray sludge out of some old cooler and pulling it through my new machine.