PDA

View Full Version : Back wall of fridge has iced up?

rumpelstiltskin
03-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Hi all,i have a three year old upright Frost free Candy Fridge/freezer.I opened the fridge door this morning and the back wall was covered in frost and most of the fridges contents were frozen,milk,bread etc and most upsetting of all my tins of beer!;)(Freezer is fine)Anyone have any idea why it has suddenly done this?It did actually do this once a year or so ago but i can't remember how it resolved itself,i think i just kept scaping the ice off the back wall?The temp setting is only at 2 if that helps?,thanks!,Lee.

norseman
03-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Hi all,i have a three year old upright Frost free Candy Fridge/freezer.I opened the fridge door this morning and the back wall was covered in frost and most of the fridges contents were frozen,milk,bread etc and most upsetting of all my tins of beer!;)(Freezer is fine)Anyone have any idea why it has suddenly done this?It did actually do this once a year or so ago but i can't remember how it resolved itself,i think i just kept scaping the ice off the back wall?The temp setting is only at 2 if that helps?,thanks!,Lee.
Hi.
It seems like your thermostate is regulating a little too low. If it start to build ice, it gets even worse due to the ice insulation effect.
The other cause is that you every Year at this time fill up the room with so many beer can's so the door stay partially open. Or the load of your 50? warm boxes make the back wall to freeze and after that the problem go one! Best regards Norseman

frank
03-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Not my speciality, but on some fridge freezers there is a duct between the compartments and the cold air from the freezer is blown or drawn into the fridge section.A thermostat activates a cut off flap in the duct.

It sounds like the flap maybe stuck open, probably by a build up of frost, causing the fridge section to over cool.

cristopher_uy
04-12-2007, 09:23 PM
try to defrost your system,then clean as recommended.

then run the unit unloaded inside,run your unit for an hour and observe if your temperature control's working efficiently,if ok then load up but dont overload.

sometimes it is best to defrost your system manually,contolrs sometimes fails.

im not good as i am but maybe tips can help.