PDA

View Full Version : US Business

frank
16-03-2003, 07:17 PM
Had a look on the web about starting a business in the US and came across this little ditty: "You must not fail to file your income taxes in a prompt manner. The IRS has no sense of humor. " - seems like the US is just the same as theUK! :D

Frank

herefishy
21-03-2003, 05:18 AM
Acutally, it seems that most of the governing bodies just want to have the paperwork in a timely manner.

However when it comes to remittance, they are very easy to work with...... honestly :)

condenseddave
27-06-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by herefishy
Acutally, it seems that most of the governing bodies just want to have the paperwork in a timely manner.

However when it comes to remittance, they are very easy to work with...... honestly :)

This is true, as long as they know you owe them money, they're happy and are often willing to wait for it. Just don't neglect to tell them that you owe them money!:p:eek:

benncool
28-06-2003, 05:16 AM
Dave like myself run our own business. He is in the State of Pennsylvania and my business is in the State of Vermont.

We not only have to file Federal taxes but each State has a different set of tax laws. I heard it said that if you took just the Federal tax laws and printed them on the double side of a standard typewriter paper and stacked them. The pile would be 11ft. tall.

Fish swim in schools. A business in the US is a fish. If you stay within the school you will be safe. The government comes down on the hot shot who swims outside of the school

PAXFREON
03-07-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by benncool
Dave like myself run our own business. He is in the State of Pennsylvania and my business is in the State of Vermont.

We not only have to file Federal taxes but each State has a different set of tax laws. I heard it said that if you took just the Federal tax laws and printed them on the double side of a standard typewriter paper and stacked them. The pile would be 11ft. tall.

Fish swim in schools. A business in the US is a fish. If you stay within the school you will be safe. The government comes down on the hot shot who swims outside of the school

hahahhahahahaaaa...nicely said!!