PDA

View Full Version : Need help resetting Samsung AQV12FAN

gosheto
26-11-2007, 07:09 PM
I made the mistake to turn it off for an hour (to fix an electric outlet), when I turned it on the front lights are just blinking - just like described by others in threads about other models. So I have to reset it. Does anyone have a code for it, as well as a decent how-to document?

PS: I found a how-to in another thread, but it's almost impossible to read it, it's very low resolution.
Also, can anyone confirm that the code 09 48 77 17 52 4 E works for my model?

superswill
26-11-2007, 07:26 PM
I made the mistake to turn it off for an hour (to fix an electric outlet), when I turned it on the front lights are just blinking - just like described by others in threads about other models. So I have to reset it. Does anyone have a code for it, as well as a decent how-to document?

PS: I found a how-to in another thread, but it's almost impossible to read it, it's very low resolution.
Also, can anyone confirm that the code 09 48 77 17 52 4 E works for my model?

the code is:

09 48 77 17 52 45

download this how too code

http://download.yousendit.com/19260B325027FC89

gosheto
26-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Thanks a lot, Paul.
This how-to is the one I complained about that it's hard to read, but in the meantime I found the SH 09 12 AWH Service Manual from another thread and it has the instructions in a easy-to-read form.

So that's not the problem anymore.
When I go thru the steps, when I plug the batteries back into the remote, the LCD's symbols flash for a second and disappear and all I see is a blank LCD. What am I doing incorrectly?

superswill
26-11-2007, 09:30 PM
take out the batteries then holding temp up and down together put them back in,the display will read 10 00 00 then use the how to input your code or follow the sercvice manual.

the how too guide is my old one iam working on a new one in pdf format

trendafil2000
05-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Hello Friends,
I am new to this forum, but I have same problem with my airconditioner AQV12FAN. All lighs were flashing and isn't working.
So please Paul, becase I am new I would need one as you would say complete "how too guide", and offcource so called codes for my model.
I have had 2 times already this defect, but my air cond. is unter warranty, so I haven't eneter the "codes". Why it is so often? 2 times for 6 months.
Thanks once again Paul. Please send it to me at my mail trendafil2000@yahoo.com the code and some easy HOW TO manual.
Thanks you to all who orgainized this forums.

paul_h
05-01-2008, 03:12 PM
It's no so hard that you need a whole HOW-TO guide. Remove one battery, hold down the temp setting up AND down buttons while refitting the battery.
You should get a screen like superswill says, ie:
Enter the first six digits that superswill gave, then press mode. You enter the codes by pressing certain buttons for each digit/line. It's not that hard to work out which button effects what digit. Try it, and work it out, you can't go wrong if you just make sure the right digit sequence shows up when you press the mode button.
you will be greeted with another screen saying
Enter the next six digits that superswill gave.
press mode and the on/off
if no response you have a dead unit/receiver PCB/remote transmitter

trendafil2000
05-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Paul, thanks a lot my dear friend.
I will try that next time when I have trouble by my self, without calling services personall. If I have problems I will ask you again.
King regards from Macedonia.
I love Australia so much!

gosheto
08-01-2008, 08:03 PM
The tricky part is to remove one battery, not both batteries. That's what my mistake was.

It's no so hard that you need a whole HOW-TO guide. Remove one battery, hold down the temp setting up AND down buttons while refitting the battery.
You should get a screen like superswill says, ie:
Enter the first six digits that superswill gave, then press mode. You enter the codes by pressing certain buttons for each digit/line. It's not that hard to work out which button effects what digit. Try it, and work it out, you can't go wrong if you just make sure the right digit sequence shows up when you press the mode button.
you will be greeted with another screen saying
Enter the next six digits that superswill gave.
press mode and the on/off
if no response you have a dead unit/receiver PCB/remote transmitter

Mikeyboy1977
08-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi,

Can someone please advise me of the code for an MH035FWEA. I have tried the codes specified in this thread, and on the PDFs from the yahoo group that is mentionned in some other threads, but not seem to fix my unit, which has E163 error message.

Thanks in advance!

Mikeyboy.

anesti
21-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Codifica pcb MH035FWEA

0E7400-16226E

cijevski
19-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Hello SupersWill!
I have the problem with my samsung AQV12FAN. the first and third (red) light is flashing. I star the AC it has started but after short while it stops itself, and again is flashing 1 & 3 light.
I have restart with 09 48 77 17 52 45, but it doesn't help as before, when all 3 lights were flashed.

Thanks a lot,
Regards from Macedonia.

cijevski
20-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Can anyone sent me a service manual for AQV12FAN on cijevski@yahoo.com? The previos question was intended not only to the SupersWill... :) , sorry, it was my mistake...

superswill
20-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Can anyone sent me a service manual for AQV12FAN on cijevski@yahoo.com? The previos question was intended not only to the SupersWill... :) , sorry, it was my mistake...

please see

https://www.yousendit.com/download/ZW9CcHBPd0FCSnF4dnc9PQ

nike123
20-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Outdoor unit error!
Check outdoor unit LEDs display.

cijevski
20-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks for your anwer. If it is outdor unit error, which doesn't have LED's display, and is not simple reset with remote, I have called techican who want large amout of money (abut 150 eur.) to change electronic, he sad maybe only onside unit electronic, maybe ouside unit electronic, maybe both. He will come in wendsday, so we will see. I wont buy samsung AC, never more.
Regards from Macedonia.

cijevski
20-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Yes you have right nike123, according to the service manual, there are LED's in outdoor unit. Thanks to SupersWill for the post. When I see which light are flasing in the outdoor unit I will inform you. Actualy, i doubt that I could do something to do about it and repair it (I am IT person) , but I will inform you. Thank to all, this forum is awesome!

cijevski
21-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Hello again,
I have seen outdor unit lights, and red BLINK, green OFF, yellow ON. OTP Error? What can I do? The AC was OFF when defect occured!!! (cose we have electricity power OFF in the building. When electricity power returned, the defect occurred.)
Regards to all,

cijevski
21-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Actually on the other shema, according to lights on outdoor unit (red BLINK, green OFF, yellow ON), is written "Option Error (EEPROM)".. What shuold I do?
Regards...

nike123
22-09-2009, 07:29 AM

superswill
22-09-2009, 09:27 PM
enter the option code once then ring a local technition,the option code is very often used as a magic wand fix but it is only a way of telling the indoor PCB what model and capacity it is operating in, and offers no more of a reset than turning the system off and on with the local remote

nike123
22-09-2009, 09:41 PM
enter the option code once then ring a local technition,the option code is very often used as a magic wand fix but it is only a way of telling the indoor PCB what model and capacity it is operating in, and offers no more of a reset than turning the system off and on with the local remote

I have conversation with OP and it is probably outdoor unit EEPROM error (from frequent power outage), since option code reset doesn't help at all.

Is it possible that outdoor EEPROM is lost its data and cannot communicate with indoor unit and therefore such error?
Does Samsung have any tool to reprogram that EEPROM?

superswill
23-09-2009, 08:01 PM
I have conversation with OP and it is probably outdoor unit EEPROM error (from frequent power outage), since option code reset doesn't help at all.

Is it possible that outdoor EEPROM is lost its data and cannot communicate with indoor unit and therefore such error?

this could well be the cause,but with out being in front of the system who can say. i cant see why it wouldnt possible to reprogram but iam not sure if such tool exists at ground level this maybe a factory tool

cijevski
28-09-2009, 01:21 PM

I agree with you nike123, algtough I am not mechanic person. But I have "frequent power outage". The AC wasn't working when defect occured. When the same defecet occured on the indoor unit (indoor EEPROM) because "frequent power outage" I solved that with entering the codes.
I guess I couldn't do a lot in this case...
Regards to all,

nike123
28-09-2009, 01:29 PM
I agree with you nike123, algtough I am not mechanic person. But I have "frequent power outage". The AC wasn't working when defect occured. When the same defecet occured on the indoor unit (indoor EEPROM) because "frequent power outage" I solved that with entering the codes.
I guess I couldn't do a lot in this case...
Regards to all,

You could only complain to Samsung for constructing such stupid system.:rolleyes:
No other manufacturer have this type of problem.
Toshiba (and some other high class manufacturers) also have universal outdoor unit for more than one indoor unit (production cost cutting) but it does no require codes. It is achieved simply by jumpers on PCB.

cijevski
02-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Does no one knows to give me advice?
EEPROM outor unit error, acording to oudor flashes. The AC wasn't working when defect occured. The indor has 1 & 3 light blinking (outodor unit error).
Regards,

cijevski
04-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Hello my friends,
SAMSUNG AQV 12 FAN.
I would ask SupersWill, and others, to provide for me the content of OUT DOOR unit, EEPROM. (IC 93LC56 on the service manual). I need that file to over write outdoor unit EEPROM. It would be best if someone could provide me both content, of indoor and out door unit EEPROMS. That supose to be a files.
Could someone, sSupersWill, or other provide such file(s)???
Regards from Macedonia...

Advical
30-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Hello all,

Can anyone help me with what this error means? I have just replaced the indoor PCB on a SC24TA8/XSA after Gekkos had a party in there. Now all the front indicators are flashing. Am I right in understanding that the unit needs resetting?

Please help

latrel
05-01-2010, 08:58 AM
i have the same problem with the lights 1 and 3 blinking.
i set up the code than turn on the device. it works on cold mode but when i set the sun it stops, the outdoor unit work few minutes than stop and lights start blinking again . Any ideas?

nike123
05-01-2010, 09:10 AM
i have the same problem with the lights 1 and 3 blinking.
i set up the code than turn on the device. it works on cold mode but when i set the sun it stops, the outdoor unit work few minutes than stop and lights start blinking again . Any ideas?

What two: operation,timer, turbo?

latrel
05-01-2010, 10:51 AM
operation & turbo

nike123
05-01-2010, 11:44 AM
operation & turbo
Outdoor unit error!
Check outdoor unit LED-s and if you are not service technician, call one!

latrel
05-01-2010, 02:05 PM
look man , every time when this problem comes i call to some service technician , and he make the same steps like me than the unit is working. I think that he use some different code

nike123
05-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Sorry man, I cant help you if you are not cooperative!

goranmar
12-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Hi , I need help for AC AQV12FAN , after I pluged in power outlet AC make self test , and then start itself to cooling then heating then switched off then start again and agin .

SeeU
13-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Try option code 09 48 77 17 42 4 E

cijevski
24-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Hello friends,
I am little bit confused about option codes. Now we have advice from SeeU for option code 09 48 77 17 42 4 E. At the beggining of this page there is 09 48 77 17 52 45 code posted from SupersWill. Could someone cofirm to mee wich code is right? Or send me a code to cijevski@yahoo.com. Or different problems need diferent codes for same model Samsung AQV 12 FAN. In the option codes.pdf we have 09 48 77 17 52 4E. Tree diferent codes. Which is right code one?

cijevski
08-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Any answer friends?
SupersWill, anyone?

cijevski
25-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Still no answer from anyone.......
Nor mail... nothing....
The question was...
"Hello friends,
I am little bit confused about option codes. Now we have advice from SeeU for option code 09 48 77 17 42 4 E. At the beggining of this page there is 09 48 77 17 52 45 code posted from SupersWill. Could someone cofirm to mee wich code is right? Or send me a code to cijevski@yahoo.com (cijevski@yahoo.com). Or different problems need diferent codes for same model Samsung AQV 12 FAN. In the Option_Codes.pdf we have 09 48 77 17 52 4E. Tree diferent codes. Which is right code one?"

nike123
26-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Still no answer from anyone.......
Nor mail... nothing....
The question was...
"Hello friends,
I am little bit confused about option codes. Now we have advice from SeeU for option code 09 48 77 17 42 4 E. At the beggining of this page there is 09 48 77 17 52 45 code posted from SupersWill. Could someone cofirm to mee wich code is right? Or send me a code to cijevski@yahoo.com (cijevski@yahoo.com). Or different problems need diferent codes for same model Samsung AQV 12 FAN. In the Option_Codes.pdf we have 09 48 77 17 52 4E. Tree diferent codes. Which is right code one?"

Are you sure that you fooloving correct procedure for entering option codes ?

Loops
26-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Ok from the service manual the original option code for the AQV12FAN is;

09 48 77 17 52 4E

A later bulletin recommends using

09 48 77 17 42 4E

this appears to disable the auto-restart function which should help the indoor unit retain the option codes in the event of power failure.

To be honest I don't understand how this actually works.

Code 09 48 77 17 52 45 does not appear to exist, so I cannot recommend using it, however my information is a bit limited.

Hope thi shelps

Regards

Loops

cijevski
26-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Thanks a lot.....
That is a kind of explanation i needed for.
If anyone disagree, please do write.
King regards....

for
03-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Can anyone help me with my Samsung SH12ZWHD? All three lights are blinking.
Thanks a lot!

cijevski
04-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Based on my humble and very modest experience with my Samsung AQV 12 FAN, I think that you need code for resetting it. I don’t have it. There is a file on following link http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14894&highlight=option+codes. There should be a code for your model. Is it the right one? That question I was asking myself for my model, as you can see, and here above are answers that I had. And still have a doubt which I right one J.
For my model code in the book is 09 48 77 17 52 4E. Sugestion from SupersWill, on this thread, which does work for me is 09 48 77 17 52 45. Maybe the code from book would work. I haven't tried it.
So I really couldn't help you about finding the right code, and what some code does the AC, if there are more.
If you find it how to reset it? It is described above in this thread by SupersWill.
Thanks for all who do participate in this thread.. King regards and all the best….

for
05-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Cijevski, thank you so much!
I entered the code and it seems that everything is okay.
Why did the problem occure do you know maybe?

Anyway, thank you, and thank all of you that are helping each other on this forum!

cijevski
07-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Dear Friend,
I am happy that you have solved your problem.
Because I am not mechanic, I am just regular guy who had similar experience and wait mechanic to come 2 weeks for same kind of problem and pay for this. Which code does work for you, I am interested, from book Option Codes? You should thank not to me but to SupersWill and others who keep alive this forum and this thread…….
Why this happen? Based on that I have read until now, it is because unstable electricity supply.

Best wishes my friend,
Cijevski,

for
08-06-2010, 07:20 AM
This was my code - 2502570340, the only one for Samsung sh12zwh.

Kind regards

CAMSLTD
15-06-2010, 04:35 PM
You can just replace the filament.
Thanks camsltd