PDA

View Full Version : Zanotti fault

davidw3704
25-11-2007, 01:02 PM
have just bought a 3 year old Zanotti DFZ 435 Truck unit and not sure where to go for technical advice.
When unit starts, it runs fine and does everything it's supposed to do but 70% of start-ups fail and are showing fault code 08 (lack of diesel fuel on starting)
Engine starts but after 10 seconds stops. Have bled engine correctly and plenty of fuel. Throttle solenoid working fine, power is cut to the fuel shut off valve. Presumably the controller is not sensing that the engine has started. Can't work out where that signal for the alarm comes from, does that get it's feed from the alternator ? Anybody got any ideas ?

I know some people aren't too impressed with Zanotti but it's my fourth one and so far I like them !

REEFER-TEK
25-11-2007, 07:12 PM
have just bought a 3 year old Zanotti DFZ 435 Truck unit and not sure where to go for technical advice.
When unit starts, it runs fine and does everything it's supposed to do but 70% of start-ups fail and are showing fault code 08 (lack of diesel fuel on starting)
Engine starts but after 10 seconds stops. Have bled engine correctly and plenty of fuel. Throttle solenoid working fine, power is cut to the fuel shut off valve. Presumably the controller is not sensing that the engine has started. Can't work out where that signal for the alarm comes from, does that get it's feed from the alternator ? Anybody got any ideas ?

I know some people aren't too impressed with Zanotti but it's my fourth one and so far I like them !

I am not familiar with zanottis but does this unit have RPM sensor that may be fluctuating and send ing false signals to ECU, I know tkk uses an rpm sensor or flywheel sensor, and ctc units utilize the alternator signal feedback.

Like i said i have never serviced a zannotti, but if it is like tk and or a ctc unit, this is where your problem may be,.

djbe
28-11-2007, 10:36 PM
It sounds like a problem that I came across recently.

If it is the same thing it is nothing to do with fuel for the engine, it's due to alternator or battery voltage dipping below the default parameter.

1st check that the alternator is charging, if it is you will need to access the programming menu to try adjusting the parameters to see if it will cure it.

Where abouts in the UK are you? P.M me with your contact details if you want more info.

regards,
djbe

davidw3704
07-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Thankyou for your help. Have actually sorted the problem out now by completely changing the diesel in the fuel tank and putting clean fuel in. As you say, there must be sufficient output from the alternator for the control system to sense the engine is turning fast enough. I think the fuel I had was too old and the engine was just a little too slugish on start up. Had to be something simple !

djbe
07-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Glad you got it sorted.

regards,
djbe.