PDA

View Full Version : Whirlpool 20TB L4

SteveW35
25-11-2007, 02:54 AM
Hi i am experiencing problems with my American style fridge freezer on the control panel the thermometer for the freezer is constantly flashing and the fridge or the freezer willl not cool down. Has anybody out there experienced this difficulty before. Previously i had a problem with this fridge freezer when it used to beep and flash but i had a new card fitted 14 months ago and everything worked ok since until now. I don't believe it is the card again or i certainly hope it isn't another 200 pound to rectify the problem.:mad: I have turned the power off and left it over 24 hrs but it doesn't seem to want to play and go cold.

expat
14-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Hello and welcome.

Yes, I have had a similar problem, with my neighbours fridge. Also a whirlpool and looks like yours.

Firstly is the compressor definately running.

If so you need to start by pulling the fridge out and making sure the condenser is clean. My neighbour's was choked with fluff. Get the front panel that's down infront of your feet off then go to the back of the fridge and look through behind the compressor to see if it's clear. This is vital as it is where the unit evacuates the heat captured from the interior of the fridge.

With this done you will next want to check that the fan inside the fridge is running. This will be located behind a panel at the back of the freezer compartement. When you open the door you should hear the fan stopping.

Let us know if these things are ok.

paul_h
14-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Long thread on UKW about these fridges.
http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6816
I don't know much about them, but generally a full flashing display is a 240v circuit fault, eg heaters, thermal fuse, fan, door switch or circuit board.
Normally you just get a flashing segment display (not the whole thing) if it's a sensor.