PDA

View Full Version : New York-Jonson service, such a quality service...

evapcoil
24-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi Guys
I just come back from vacation , excellent , thank You for ask...:D Anyway ,as soon as I join the ship, I got few good news where a VSM89 had some problem with the oil pump and had been landed , another VSM89 had its bearings completely grinded and also this one has been landed, and then the compressor that I talk about in my previous threrad (Frick compressor vibration concern) finally has been open and the screws had been found in very bad shape (wasn't enough to add some weight on the discharge pipe?) so We had to replace it with a new one , the new one come with a different capacity position sensor, not compatible with the Staltronic700 , and another point is that York has bought a lot of different companies but this doesn't mean that the service technican are trained or expert with all this new type of compressors that they have to work on ,so sometimes You call the "technician" to have the expert opinion and You end up explaining to Him how it work!!!!!!!!! :mad: Also on top of all this , when You try to request a spare part , You have to fight with 3579 different order codes has our ships are build in Italy so with European codes or with the codes gave to the specific part from the owner that in that year was owning the company, that was Stal ,then ABB Stal, then Sabroe Stal, then York and now York-Johnson, I don't know You my dears colleagues, but I'm not happy at all with how the York service is carried on now.
Am I wrong? May be I'm simply too grumpy but I would like to have feedback from You....

Ciao
Evapcoil

Josip
24-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Hi, Evapcoil :)

Unfortunately, you are right...during past couple of years JCI ex York Sabroe, ex Sabroe Stal, ex ABB Stal, ex Stal...facing a lot of problems to send you right spare parts due to code problems and due to renewed parts....strange but very painful for users and service companies...not possible to buy special set of tools (erased from price lists) for service or maintenance works...

the latest info from JCI "...dear customer/client if you need service on your compressor, please, unmount your unit/compressor and send it to our service workshop in Denmark..." :eek::mad:

Perfect future, service people no need to work anymore:rolleyes:

Best regards, Josip :)

saharco
30-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Hi Guys
I just come back from vacation , excellent , thank You for ask...:D Anyway ,as soon as I join the ship, I got few good news where a VSM89 had some problem with the oil pump and had been landed , another VSM89 had its bearings completely grinded and also this one has been landed, and then the compressor that I talk about in my previous threrad (Frick compressor vibration concern) finally has been open and the screws had been found in very bad shape (wasn't enough to add some weight on the discharge pipe?) so We had to replace it with a new one , the new one come with a different capacity position sensor, not compatible with the Staltronic700 , and another point is that York has bought a lot of different companies but this doesn't mean that the service technican are trained or expert with all this new type of compressors that they have to work on ,so sometimes You call the "technician" to have the expert opinion and You end up explaining to Him how it work!!!!!!!!! :mad: Also on top of all this , when You try to request a spare part , You have to fight with 3579 different order codes has our ships are build in Italy so with European codes or with the codes gave to the specific part from the owner that in that year was owning the company, that was Stal ,then ABB Stal, then Sabroe Stal, then York and now York-Johnson, I don't know You my dears colleagues, but I'm not happy at all with how the York service is carried on now.
Am I wrong? May be I'm simply too grumpy but I would like to have feedback from You....

Ciao
Evapcoil

Hello my dear forum member ,
i totally agree with you , good old sabroe days are gone , we had some troubles with the york staff in the middle east with their contracts and all.
their machinery is still good , they work great.
but their people not so great.

Lowrider
01-12-2007, 12:38 AM
We replaced a reciprocating compressor on an old york a few months ago. The new one was making more noise and fibrationg more than the old one that was on the machine since 1981. We changed the dampers, on request from preston (also York/Johnson) who reconditioned the compressor. Discharge pipe kept fibrating and cracked at the next corner, after replacing the one before! At last they profided a new one and the problem was solved.

I know of a new york screw that's been commisioned 16 months ago and has runned for 100 hours total, the rest it has been down due to the discharge pipes braking down!

Adding weight to the lines ore making the compressor larger and heavier isn't the solution. Making the discharge line "flexible" and adding a good oil separator will, it works very well on our units!

HGS
01-12-2007, 01:17 AM
Hi.

The good old Sabroe days are defentely over.I have worked sins 1992 in Sabroe Industry and later in Sabroe Marine.

I have been stationed 2 Years in Dubai for Sabroe/York Industry still good but after Johnson Control took over its just down hill.

HGS

sagittarius
27-02-2008, 03:41 AM
Frick/York is still growing up day and day in China.

Mr. Boon
02-03-2008, 07:51 PM
I work for them and they are just riding this company to the ground 5 guys out on early retirement so they dont have to put up with JCI bull**** roll the dice on how long ill last

Bart Nabbe
25-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Wow this is nice to hear.

Everybody naging about JCI.

I work there for the servicedepartment and I love it. In the Netherlands we don't have so much problems (but yes, a lot of names)and i think that we still have all the good brands.

Mr. Boon
21-03-2010, 12:37 PM
JCI are redeeming themselves, made it work like the goodold brand they bought. I guess I will retract my previous statements.

Mike NZ
30-04-2010, 05:33 AM
As a previous employee of York/ JCI, all the the people on the ground were great to work with world wide, and still are although most have left since.