PDA

View Full Version : A few IMPORTANT Questions! (student)

Ubiyca
23-11-2007, 01:23 AM
Hi.

I'm working on a small (80+lbs) Copeland reciprocating compressor in school. There is an exam tomorrow, all practical.

If anyone could be so nice as to answer my questions I will be extremely appreciative! :)

Okay, we have small running unit, and he will deliberately cause a minor leak somewhere in the piping (perhaps losen a flarenut or something) that we will have to find, and fix.

In all, I will have to.. (PROBABLY NOT IN THIS ORDER..)

1. Find the leak
2. Fix the leak.
3. Install new Filter-Drier and sight glass
4. Pressurize the system with nitrogen
5. Vacuum the system with micron gauge.
6. Charge the system with R-22.
7. Top off system.
8. Pump Down system
9. Reclaim the refrigerant
10. Adjust low pressure and high pressure controls for my cut ins and cut outs

if someone could please tell me, or point me in the right direction.. I need to know exactly how to reclaim.. (I dont think I need push-pull method, since we have modern machines, and I think we are using vapour only)

Also can you please tell me, when working on the system lines..(brazing, etc) I need to front seat all suction, discharge, and reciever valves correct?

Any other info on stuff I may have forgot to mention would be a tremendous help as well!

Also, maybe its easier for you guys to point me to a text or image, document of some kind which would be easier I guess, instead of typing it all out.

Thanks so much :)

The Viking
23-11-2007, 02:05 AM
Only one thing to say, as you seems to have it pretty much covered.

GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP AND RELAX!

You will pass.

Don't worry be happy!

(The thing being, if you haven't picked it up during your training then you will not be able to learn it tonight. the best you can do is to arrive well rested for the test tomorrow and not worry about it)

The MG Pony
23-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Incae you look this morning he's right if you just relax and relie on what you learnt you'll be fine, use common sense and take it step at a time.

Lowrider
23-11-2007, 11:08 PM
So did you pass?

Josip
23-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Hi, all :)

So did you pass?

of course, but now is celebration time....so give him couple of hours more for replay;)

Best regards, Josip :)

Ubiyca
24-11-2007, 01:42 AM
So did you pass?

YES! :)

I passed!

Thank you guys, this is a tremendous forum, I wish I would have found it sooner, but I still have 1 year left of school to go before I graduate and get my apprentice card, so you'll be seeing a lot more of me around here. ;)

Now.. time to go out and party.. lol

Peter_1
24-11-2007, 09:34 AM
I think the answers you gave yourself were the perfect way to solve this for your test.

Lowrider
25-11-2007, 12:19 AM
Nice one! Enjoy!

EmrithKris
26-11-2007, 08:57 AM
In all, I will have to.. (PROBABLY NOT IN THIS ORDER..)

1. Find the leak
2. Fix the leak.
3. Install new Filter-Drier and sight glass
4. Pressurize the system with nitrogen
5. Vacuum the system with micron gauge.
6. Charge the system with R-22.
7. Top off system.
8. Pump Down system
9. Reclaim the refrigerant
10. Adjust low pressure and high pressure controls for my cut ins and cut outs

1. Use soap solution surely after pressurising with Dry Nitrogen.
2. Tighten all bolts.
3. Pump down to carry out installation....
4. Watch out for safety google gloves etc....
5. Carryout pumpdown. make sure not create vacuum in the system. Thus preventing inword leakage.....
6. For information on Item No9 pls Visit my personal web page: email me for add emrithkris@hotmail.com

Understand clearly what is meant by cut -in and cut-out

Start cut-in and cut-out stop.....

Remember the differential between cut-out and cut-in