PDA

View Full Version : refrigeration size

Foleymech
19-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Have a crazy farmer brother in law in arkansas,I live in NJ.I am an hvac contractor. I need help sizing a unit for a 12x20x12 ft room for cold storage. Animals for process, Cattle chickens etc. 33 degrees can get to 100 degrees outside in the summer. shaded in the afternoon. r40 walls and ceiling one 21 square foot door. he is building it now as one room and plans on making it two rooms in the future to make one side a freezer. I will have United refrigeration ship the equipment and I wiil be going to do the install.

Andy
19-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Have a crazy farmer brother in law in arkansas,I live in NJ.I am an hvac contractor. I need help sizing a unit for a 12x20x12 ft room for cold storage. Animals for process, Cattle chickens etc. 33 degrees can get to 100 degrees outside in the summer. shaded in the afternoon. r40 walls and ceiling one 21 square foot door. he is building it now as one room and plans on making it two rooms in the future to make one side a freezer. I will have United refrigeration ship the equipment and I wiil be going to do the install.

Helo Foleymech:)

you would need a product load, based on the conditions that your product enters the room and how long you have to acheive your product temp.

Perhaps United will help you

You could download the calculation program that Keeprite refrigeration has off their web site.

Kind Regards Andy :)

Bones74
20-11-2007, 02:24 AM
Hi, We design and build refrigeration. With no real heat load a guess on the system we would SWAG is probably a 75,000 btu system at +20 suction with a 125,000 btu Codenser @ +20, R-404, Bohn coil with a Bohn condenser. That is a pretty good rough number coming in at room temp and getting to designed temp in 24 hours.:)

Foleymech
20-11-2007, 03:25 AM
Thank you for the replies. The animals would be coming in at about 100 degrees the room would already be cold. I would think two people. 3000 lbs of meat. What would a guesstimate wholesale cost of the equipment be. We deal with united refrigeration.

The Viking
20-11-2007, 08:53 AM
I would think two people. 3000 lbs of meat.

:eek::eek::eek:

sapper
20-11-2007, 10:51 AM
to many questions need yet to be answered..... Occupancy, air changes, actual construction, misc load. i always tend to refer to DOSSET

Peter_1
20-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Forget all the other loads besides the products that will be entered in the room.
Take at least 7 kW cooling capacity if you want to cool it in 8 hours, working with a DT of 7K to maintain 85%RH.

There's a difference between blast cooling the warm meat and preserving the already cooled meat.

A freezer construction is completely different than a cold room construction.