PDA

View Full Version : freezer in outhouse

siddiy
18-11-2007, 01:19 PM
R600 & R600a freezers sold in UK suitable for ambients not below 10C, what happens if ambient is lower?

Argus
18-11-2007, 01:52 PM

With this type of machine, as the external temperature decreases, the capacity (equipment's ability to do it work) goes down and with reduced capacity you'll have an increase in running periods to achieve the correct temperature, therefore greater running costs; add to that limited reliabilty of the equipment.

Even so, it may last for a few years and provide adequate results.

siddiy
19-11-2007, 05:51 PM
So in cold weather if I enclose the condenser/compressor the temperature would rise and the capacity rise with it?

superswill
22-11-2007, 07:49 PM
So in cold weather if I enclose the condenser/compressor the temperature would rise and the capacity rise with it?

be very careful with this as air flow/movement is needed around condenser

wilks
22-11-2007, 10:26 PM

With this type of machine, as the external temperature decreases, the capacity (equipment's ability to do it work) goes down and with reduced capacity you'll have an increase in running periods to achieve the correct temperature, therefore greater running costs; add to that limited reliabilty of the equipment.

Even so, it may last for a few years and provide adequate results.

how come the equips capacity goes down if the temp outside the freezer goes down?

siddiy
24-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks Argos, I have just found Andy's reply to sonjand in "freezer in my garage" july 06 which seems to cover it, the danger is of liquid forming in the compressor due to low temperature, why don't the suppliers fit heaters or cutouts - cost?