PDA

View Full Version : evaporator types

sparrow
17-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Hello all

I need some decent information,if possible.

How many types of evaporator are there?

Is the coil in a forced air evaporator larger or smaller than the coil in a gravity type evaporator?

Which type of evap,is always full of liquid Refrigerant?

What type of evaporator would you use on an ammonia system?

cheers in advance.

Brian_UK
18-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Seems that someone here has got a test coming up soon and they haven't done enough research yet ;)

You tell us what you think the answers are and we'll mark your answers :)

US Iceman
18-11-2007, 01:51 AM
What type of evaporator would you use on an ammonia system?

:D

That's a bogus question! Why would an ammonia system have a different type of evaporator from some other refrigerant?

These look like test questions, and the last one is reaching...

Sorry, you should start by answering your own questions or reading the book.;)

John Hunter
18-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Us Iceman you are on the money. If we were to answer the various questions regarding evaporators unless you have a grounding in the basics or mechanical refrigeration the discussion would be meaning less. The literature that describes this important section of a refrigeration circuit is very available especially on the World Wide Web. Go to it and come back to us with what you find.

Peter_1
18-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Sparrow, found some answers yet?

sparrow
18-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Guys the test as you rightly suggested has been done by the remainder of my course, I was away on a vehicle a/c course in Swansea. Whilst I appreciate that you wish me to find the answers myself a good location site address would suffice.
I do not wish you to get the wrong impression here, I have been on Google, and also Ask .com wikipedia does not have an extensive library of refrigeration facts.

I have some ideas on what I believe are the correct answers but I need to know why, can I at least get some assistance on the Ammonia side I have never worked on anything bigger than small domestic appliances that had an ammonia fill as the refrigerant.

Sparow

M.Amer
18-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Hi,
Sparow..,try dees 2 books n enjoy ur self lol
Principles of ref-by marsh n oliva.
Principles of ref-
2nd aditn..by roy j.dossat.......

US Iceman
18-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Well, I don't mean to be difficult.. but the questions you posted are some where "someone" has a specific answer in mind for each one of the questions.

While some of the questions are more clear than others, it appears these were from a class lecture with "these are the answers" spelled out.

As I tried to hint at earlier, the questions are somewhat misleading, while others are somewhat more traditional.

I'll help with two of them.

Flooded, direct expansion, or liquid overfeed

Forced convection coils could be smaller in physical size.

Somewhere in these two answers, lie the remainder of your answers.

sparrow
18-11-2007, 08:49 PM
:)Thank you both for your help