PDA

View Full Version : Hotpoint FFA71 freezing problem

pomodoro
16-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Hi,
My Hotpoint FFA71 'defrosting' and 'high temperature' lights are lit for almost a week freezer/ fridge don't work anymore, the food has gone bad.
Please help, thank you.

tonto33
18-11-2007, 07:52 PM
replace freezer thermistor and should work fine

pomodoro
18-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks a lot for the reply m8, Where is thermistor in the unit? Coul you please help with where to locate it?
Thanks.

tonto33
18-11-2007, 10:08 PM
yeah it in the freezer compartment behind panel got green plug on end of it

pomodoro
23-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Hi,
I found two white plugs & one black all connected with wires to a little brown box with litters 'ELTH' on it, which one of these need replacement?
Thanks.

pomodoro
02-12-2007, 07:09 PM
I have tried to order 'the freezer thermistor' from Hotpoint but they said I have to be specific as there is no such freezer thermistor. They have emailed me the diagram of the freezer parts, to help me locate the part needed ... I want to upload the diagram here but it has been rejected because its size. Please help I have only one fridge & it’s not working plus I have three kids & they all go to school.
Regards.

daveflower
06-01-2008, 09:10 PM
hi, when you removed the rear air duct in the freezer, did you find any heavy snow frosting, or signs of defrost that has refrozen. The evaporator should only have a light dusting of frost in normal conditions. If you let me know your findings i can tell you what was wrong.
As for replace the thermsitors advice given before, that is somnething that every half qualified engineer gives as soon as you mention mistral, but the name is for a family of units and has many differing designs. This is not an issue for your model so dont worry about it it.