PDA

View Full Version : Accreditation

frank
16-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Recently, one of our customers told us that we had to join the SAFEcontractor (http://www.safecontractor.com/) scheme and get H & S accreditation or we wouldn't be allowed to carry out anymore work for them.

So, at the moment, we have submitted all of the requested documentation and we are awaiting accreditation.

Today, I've received an e-mail from another one of our customers telling us that we must now join the BESCA (http://www.besca.org.uk/) scheme. Another load of paperwork to do now and more (annual) expense.

Is anyone else having to go through this process? - where will it end?

Yours

Frustrated :(

frank
04-12-2007, 12:37 AM
How's it going?

We now have Safe Contractor as well as CHAS and Construction line. Looked at BESCA- crumbs it's dear!!
Got a response letter from SafeContractor acknowledging receipt of our paperwork. Got to wait now while it's being reviewed.

frank
12-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Just thought you'd all like to share in the good news!

We are now officially accredited with safeContractor status.

How this will impact on future business I do not know - we are still installing and servicing in exactly the same way as we have always done but at least now we have a piece of paper to prove it :D

Cynicism? - no.... just more expense :rolleyes: jeezzz.... what a waste of time
(just my opinion of course, in case safeContractor visit the forum :p)

The Viking
12-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Did you watch "Watch Dog" yesterday, about the Master Builder scheme?

(or scam you might want to say)

Lots of good money for old rope there are...

Brian_UK
13-02-2008, 12:55 AM
It reminds me of the various Associations that that go with a professional qualification.

For example my brother is a fully fledged Civil Engineer and has been for years. However, unless he pays a quite large fee to the C.Eng organisation he can't put C.Eng after his name.

Most of the things charge to enable you to advertise what/who you are and do very little to else.

Hopefully I can be proved wrong but somehow I doubt it.