PDA

View Full Version : Computer Controled Bar Fridge

Graham
15-11-2007, 10:19 AM
I have a spare PC (P1) doing nothing and was thinking of hooking it up to my Bar Fridge and using it to control the fridge and look at the thermal history etc. Any ideas on how to build the board?

Bones74
16-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Just curious, but why?

Graham
20-11-2007, 07:57 AM
As always these ideas originate in the bar. A friend of mine who has nothing to do and all day to do it in, realised that he had an unused circuit in his alarm system, connected the alarm to a elsat tc110 thermostat and put the cut in set point above the normal operating range of the fridge. When there was a power cut the fridge triggered the alarm and called him off the golf course via sms. Unable to decide which is more important cold beer at home or golf (with the 19th hole) It has been decided that the system needs to be refined somewhat.

Bones74
21-11-2007, 02:59 AM
To funny! I would say that if you are using the dry contacts on he board, watch the amps. The board will catch interference and fart out on you.

750 Valve
27-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Im sure you could find a I/O card that will plug into a 9 pin serial on a PC and allow programming using simple boolean logic.
I was thinking of using one for another reason and trauled the web... they are out there, not sure of cost now though. If you want graphing etc it may cost a bit though.

Good luck

Oh and Graham beer will ALWAYS come before golf

Graham
02-01-2008, 06:57 AM
An update. Placed a contactor with the Elstat Thermostat so that if there was a Power Cut the high temp alarm signal would not be sent as the contactor would have to be manually reset. Have ordered a Data Logger kit US$27 to run off the PC. Incidently upgraded the alarm system after it died, installed a video chanel and observed the cleaning service using the fridge socket to run the vacuum cleaner!! (changed the socket to a UPS one that only accepts a plug top with a flattened earth prong).

nike123
02-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Man, I would love to bee in your or your frind skin for couple of months, but after that period, I am afraid that some crazy idea to shoot myself in leg or something similar will come in my leisured brain.:D