PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Heavy

Krondor
14-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Good Evening all

I was wondering what do you guys think of Mitsubishi Heavy Vrf series (KX4). How is it rated comparing to Daikin, Toshiba and Mitshubishi Electric?

Cheers

Latte
14-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Krondor,
Not had the pleasure of working on either mitsi companies VRV/VRF's but have worked on loads of Daikins and would not hesitate in recomending them.

To be quite honest, i dont think there is a great deal to choose between any of them but i think Daikens probably just edge ahead with reliability. However would check what the aftersales service is in youre area before choosing. If its a large system then lots of people are going to be upset is something does go wrong and it take a week to get parts

Soryy i cant help any further than that

regards

Raymond

p_p
15-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Hi Krondor

Never dealt with Mitsi Heavy only Mitsi Elec which is first class, but I know guys that do use & work on Mitsi Heavy & they say its reliable & good to work on.

Hope this helps

PP

Daikin=Overated
15-11-2007, 02:16 PM
I really rate the heavy industry kit. They get a hard time from Mitsu-elec in the industry, as they don't like to be associated but in all fairness the first time I put a heavy industry system in was 5 years ago, I've put plenty in since then-not a single come back.

My experiences of Daikins VRF haven't been great, I had some really cr$ppy encounters with there kit in a very stressful retail environmnet, there tech support, and aftersales really didn't help on that occasion, but that's just my own experience don't forget.

It's swings and roundabouts, others rate them, and slate companies I've personally never had a complaint about, I'm affraid it does tend to boil down to personal experience.....take the plunge and see what you think!

Mitsu heavy prices havbe got to compare favourably over Daikin though surely??

All the best with the project!

sinewave
19-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Lost a Conservatory Job recently to a guy fitting 'Heavy' kit.

Slaped in a 6.3KW wall mounted Inverter for £1400 all in! :eek:

Have seen the job since and although it's not as pretty or slick as Mitsi Electric I can't fault it.

yinmorrison
21-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Be very careful with Mitsi H.I. KX4 systems as they are no where near as sophisticated as Daikin or Mitsi Electric,apart from that you should have no hesitation in using the standard casettes,walls etc as I have installed over 200 and they are pretty reliable, no hesitation in recommending.

sinewave
21-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Be very careful with Mitsi H.I. KX4 systems as they are no where near as sophisticated as Daikin or Mitsi Electric,apart from that you should have no hesitation in using the standard casettes,walls etc as I have installed over 200 and they are pretty reliable, no hesitation in recommending.

Where specificaly are the 'electric' units superior to the 'Heavies'?

yinmorrison
22-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Where specificaly are the 'electric' units superior to the 'Heavies'?
I have found that the quality of a) Components,b)software logic and c) technical dept are not as good. At the same time I have installed a few without too many probs.I will still use where appropriate.