PDA

View Full Version : Fuel costs

frank
14-11-2007, 10:29 PM
With the rising price of fuel (Diesel) in the UK, have any members revised the mileage charges costed out to the customer and if so, what's the going rate these days?

Argus
14-11-2007, 11:29 PM
With the rising price of fuel (Diesel) in the UK, have any members revised the mileage charges costed out to the customer and if so, what's the going rate these days?

I believe that a mileage charge ove £0.40 pr mile will render the user liable to tax. HMRC have refused to revise thier tax-free limits yet again.

Brian_UK
15-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Slightly off-topic, or maybe a bit more than that, it's the vicious circle that the Government gets itself into.

A, Keep inflation below 2.5% (or similar)

B. If not then Bank of England must put up interest rate.

C. Government puts up fuel costs. Hauliers costs go up. Food goes up. Inflation goes up.

D. BoE puts up interest rates, Government complains that rates need to come down to boost the economy.

E. Government unable to see beyond their noses from within the trough.

[/rant over]

Argus
15-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Slightly off-topic, or maybe a bit more than that, it's the vicious circle that the Government gets itself into.

A, Keep inflation below 2.5% (or similar)

B. If not then Bank of England must put up interest rate.

C. Government puts up fuel costs. Hauliers costs go up. Food goes up. Inflation goes up.

D. BoE puts up interest rates, Government complains that rates need to come down to boost the economy.

E. Government unable to see beyond their noses from within the trough.

[/rant over]

Don't blame me - somebody else voted for them.

p_p
15-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Hi All

I think we should start The Peoples Party & do what the good people of this once great country want.
We would be at No 10 for years.

Any candidates for leader !!!!!

PP

monkey spanners
15-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Been charging 50p a mile for a while now. May put it up as i fancy one of those 180HP iveco vans.... more power lol

Brian_UK
15-11-2007, 08:46 PM
If you want to do some calculations on the running costs etc try here --

http://www.eta.co.uk/tools/carcalcstart.asp

Argus
15-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Been charging 50p a mile for a while now. May put it up as i fancy one of those 180HP iveco vans.... more power lol

Good for you.

Don’t forget to factor in and declare the mileage for tax as you are liable over 40P per mile.

monkey spanners
16-11-2007, 12:05 AM
Hopefully the acountants are doing this, after all its what we pay them for.... but as they would be better named 'numpty and co' i think i'll check.

Jon

frank
16-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Good for you.

Don’t forget to factor in and declare the mileage for tax as you are liable over 40P per mile.

I think this would only apply to a self employed person.

For a Limited Liability Company, all Corporation taxation is based on operating profits. Profit being defined as the difference between cost and sales value.

At the moment, we charge £0.45p / mile in addition to the engineers time but this figure has not been increased for about 3 years. Within this time, fuel and vehicle excise costs have increased, but, pleasantly, vehicle insurance costs have reduced :).

daz654
16-11-2007, 01:31 PM
We also cahrge at £0.45 pence but would be intrseting to see the average

p_p
16-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Hi All

We charge £0.40p per mile but i'm going to review it soon, I am thinking more in the region of £0.50p per mile.

Regards

PP