PDA

View Full Version : Daikin lift pump

Slim R410a
14-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Hi,

Just powered up a new FFQ60B and after 10 seconds or so after turning on isolator the familiar sound of the lift pump was constantly coming from the unit, with controller off.
Switched on at controller (brc152d) no fault showed, ran on fan only, high and low speeds and swing worked fine, lift pump still running.
Disconnected lift pump from pcb (X25A) switched back on fan only, ran fine and no noise from pump.
I have left the indoor isolator off but outdoor is powered up to warm crankcase before running when I go back friday to commission.

Just wondering if anyone has had this before on an FFQ, I am guesing the float switch could be stuck or I have a faulty lift pump? Is it fairly easy to get at these?

Cheers

stuartwking
14-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Hi Slim, never had that problem with that unit,but the float and the pump arent to easy to get to, total strip down is pritty much whats needed, at least it wont be full of water to drip over you and the floor,..

Slim R410a
15-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi Slim, never had that problem with that unit,but the float and the pump arent to easy to get to, total strip down is pritty much whats needed, at least it wont be full of water to drip over you and the floor,..

Yea just found the disassembly guide and it is drain pan removal to get to it.
Although looking at the piping side of the cassette (from access door in ceiling void) it looks as if there is a removable panel fixed with self tappers to to get at the pump, or is that just how the casing is held together, as normally they are spot welded??:confused:

Cheers

Brian_UK
15-11-2007, 08:09 PM
I may be wrong but after a quick look at the pdf manual I think that things aren't that bad. I have stripped out this type before and the drain pan should stay in.

Switch off, remove the fan/air inlet cover and then remove the fan blade.

In the corner, where the pump is, there is a plate held in with two or four screws. Take that off and the pump is behind.

You might find the pump holding screws a bit fiddly to get at but not too bad.

The float switch is also accessible.

Good luck with it.

Just a thought, how long does the pump keep running for? They can start up when the unit is first started so maybe it is waiting for a 'time-out'.

Slim R410a
15-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks for that info Brian.
The pump was only powered for about 2 mins then I first cut the power as I have never had this with any cassette before.
How long ae you talking for this time-out? It will be worth trying first in the morning.

Brian_UK
15-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Thanks for that info Brian.
The pump was only powered for about 2 mins then I first cut the power as I have never had this with any cassette before.
How long ae you talking for this time-out? It will be worth trying first in the morning.Just had a look in the Sky Air manual and it talks about a 10 minute operation of the pump. It can be in one hit or may be in two 5 minutes shots.

Slim R410a
16-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Powered back up today and the pump run for 9 1/2 minutes then cut out. :) Happy Days

Brian_UK
16-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Glad to hear that all is well, thanks for the update.

install monkey
19-11-2007, 09:30 PM
the float switch only operates on high limit causing an a3 fault.the pump runs continuously on cooling mode and for 3 minutes after cooling mode

paddyaircon
13-07-2009, 08:03 PM
i really hate changin this type of pump- aaagghhhh

Brian_UK
13-07-2009, 11:12 PM
You mean that wet feeling running down your sleeve ? :D