PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerant oils

Andrew F.
12-11-2007, 09:56 AM
I am a first year apprentice refrigeration mechanic from sydney australia. i'm looking for answers to an assignment thats due in real soon. i'm looking for the definitions for:

material compatibility
refrigerant compatibility
chemical stability
traction co-efficient

I'm also looking for selection criteria for oils used within the HVAC industry and safety issues when using refrigeration oils in terms of:

material compatibility
safe handling

if anyone can help me really appreciate it, if you can't thanks anyway.

taz24
12-11-2007, 05:13 PM
I am a first year apprentice refrigeration mechanic from sydney australia. i'm looking for answers to an assignment thats due in real soon. i'm looking for the definitions for:

material compatibility
refrigerant compatibility
chemical stability
traction co-efficient

I'm also looking for selection criteria for oils used within the HVAC industry and safety issues when using refrigeration oils in terms of:

material compatibility
safe handling

if anyone can help me really appreciate it, if you can't thanks anyway.

Andrew if we were to give you the answers would that help you in the long run.
Your tutor has assigned you this work to challenge you. Where is the challenge in just asking for the answers.
If it needs to be in real soon what have you done between the time the assignment was set and now.

Try and find the answers from the web and from books.

All the best taz.

PS how do you know your tutor does not contribute to this site.

taz.

Tesla
12-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Good morning Andrew
Your local Actrol supplier (Auban is best) would be able to help with the first part of your question. As for the second part you should ask for the material data hazard sheet ( or what ever it's called ) required for all chemical products in Ausi. You should have completed your green card which teaches the same. A couple of things come to mind with oil safety 1, pressure. 2, Acid in conaminated oil. 3, micro organisims which grow in some oils - wear ppe gloves glassses and dispose of correctly. Hopefully in 20 years there will be no oil compressors left.
Good to see you found this site. Look forward to your next post
Tesla

AC noob
30-07-2009, 10:36 AM
The guy is asking for some help. He came to this site to ask questions and hoping to find answers.

I have the exact same questions.

katie2153
25-11-2009, 03:03 PM
hey, I am also a first year app, i seem to have the same assignment as you by any chance did you find the answers?

katie