PDA

View Full Version : Frick screws,,, Any good,?

petrock
12-11-2007, 12:29 AM
Hello everyone.
I have a client wanting to use a frick screw for his next project and asked me if they are any good or not. The model he gave me is an SGC3519.
I cant find any information on these.
Has anyone heard of such a model ?
I would like to see what one of these look like.
Thanks all,!!
Hope you can help.

Peter

nh3wizard
12-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Frick compressors have always been good as far as NH3 usage goes, but I do not recognize that model number.

laithdaoud
12-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Why he don't provide you with working conditions, so we can select for him one of the latest Frick models.

The Screwdoctor
12-11-2007, 11:03 PM
He Petrock,

SGC range is the new Frick flanged motor series. No aligning anymore between motor and compressor. Compressor is equipped with roller and 4p bearings. My opinion is that it is a good compressor but not the best. If the system is correctly working these compressors will run also for a long time due to the anti friction bearing setup.
Overhauling these compressors should only be performed by experienced engineers and well equipped workshops, no pirats!

The Screwdoctor

petrock
13-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Hello Screwdoctor.. Thanks for your information. I have a client who is currently using 2 x Howden WRV321 packages running on propane refrigerant. Producing LPG. He is planning to increase plant performance and has been offered a Frick SGC3519 package and in quick delivery time but wanted to know its efficiency compared to the Howdens. Now,,I'm not an engineer so,, I wouldnt know about efficiencies but I was more interested in checking out its construction and ease of maintenance. To me there is nothing better and easier than a WRV Howden. Is there anywhere on the net where I could download a photo of one.? I've looked at the Frick web site but couldnt find one there. Also,, would you know the rotor size of these baby's.? Does 3519 mean 351mm rotor's?
Once again mate,, Thanks for your information. Much appreciated.
Peter.
Oh and ,, thanks to you other guys too.

John Hunter
13-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Frick Compressors are very reliable and with the Quantum controllers if correctly selected for the required duty are efficient. The servicing requires people proficient on there service and maintenance requirements. The SGC 3519 has a rotor diameter of 355 mm and L/D 1.9. As said before the design is so that it accepts a flanged motor so no aligning anymore between motor and compressor. Your Local York, Johnson Controls Representative should be able to obtain operational details .

The Screwdoctor
13-11-2007, 11:19 PM
He Petrock,

I must agree with you that a Howden WRV is one of the best compressors in the field. The design is simple and pretty easy to maintain. I think because of the fixed axial clearance the Howden should be more efficient. The Frick uses 4P bearings and so the play can vary a little during operation. But when I look at the plant it will be running on I don't think you'll notice any difference. If I look at quality I would go for the Howden.

Good luck

The Screwdoctor

petrock
14-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Hello again.. :)... This is getting more and more interseting...:),, I like this site...
Yea,, the thing I like the most about the Howdens is that,,, if its packaged wright... you can vertualy completely strip it down without having to take it of the base. On this perticular application,, all the compressors are driven by gas engines so I'm wondering how this flange mount arrangement is going to be designed.? and what action would be needed if say you have to change the shaft seal. There's nothing worse than having to work through a side manhole or something. Coupling them up to an electric motor is one thing but,,, an engine is another hey..:)

Josip
22-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Hi, Petrock :)

Hello everyone.
I have a client wanting to use a frick screw for his next project and asked me if they are any good or not. The model he gave me is an SGC3519.
I cant find any information on these.
Has anyone heard of such a model ?
I would like to see what one of these look like.
Thanks all,!!
Hope you can help.

Peter

See this...

http://www.sabroe.com/products/screw-compressors/new-sab-screws.html

it must be the same only this one is smaller;)

......how to couple your gas engine to that compressor is another story....

I think it is better to go with Howden...

Best regards, Josip :)

petrock
23-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Thanks Josipe,, I think the same..
The only reason this one is being considered is the short / quick delivery time... but I think they are heading for short / quick delivery of problems...
hmmmm,,, a bit like England V Croatia,!!,,, ooooohhh,,, thats gota hurt,!!
Cheers mate.
Bog
Peter

TXiceman
24-11-2007, 06:03 PM
All of the major producers build a pretty god oil injected screw compressor. I have no problems with Frick, Mycom, Howden and GEA compressors. You will find one has better performance than the others in a given application, but all are good.

ken