PDA

View Full Version : Daikin CU 140 C 51 RC

anuraruna@gmail
11-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Hey to Everyone

I tried to keep a Dakin out door unit to a panasonic indoor unit. Daikin mother board was faulty. Hard wired all components except the electronic expansion valve Y 249 and thermistors related to it. Valve has 5 cables. Can anyone suggest how to built a small circuit to activate the expansion valve without the motherboard? I was thinking to replace the valve with thermostatic expansion valve.:rolleyes:

Daikin=Overated
11-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Hey to Everyone

I tried to keep a Dakin out door unit to a panasonic indoor unit. Daikin mother board was faulty. Hard wired all components except the electronic expansion valve Y 249 and thermistors related to it. Valve has 5 cables. Can anyone suggest how to built a small circuit to activate the expansion valve without the motherboard? I was thinking to replace the valve with thermostatic expansion valve.:rolleyes:

You can't mix and match manufacturers of indoor and outdoor units mate! The control logic and a whole host of other ancillery devices just won't configure with each other. It's far more cost effective to just buy a split surely.

Are you serious??:D

anuraruna@gmail
12-11-2007, 05:39 PM
It's far more cost effective to just buy a split surely.

Yes.
Partly ,You are right. I can hard wire all the components except the electronic expansion valve and the Thermistors related to it . There are five cables in this expansion valve and they have not given any details. If someone can identify the cables then at least I can think about a simulation circuit.
If everything fails then I'll go for a thermostatic expansion valve.

wambat
12-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Try this for plug and play
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=The+Universal+Stepper+Motor+Control+EXD-U&btnG=Google+Search

see (Electronic Controllers and Sensors)

anuraruna@gmail
13-11-2007, 04:13 AM
Try this for plug and play

see (Electronic Controllers and Sensors)
Thanks for your positive thinking. I'll try your lead.;)

brunstar
24-11-2007, 03:29 PM
mate the best thing to do is to replace the indoor pcb as the expansion valve is pulsed and relies on liquid and suction values to open and close and to regulate liquid in the indoor.
You will find that the logic may be the same as the daikin as you will find that daikin probably manufactured that panasonic indoor unit..

You can't mix and match manufacturers of indoor and outdoor units mate! The control logic and a whole host of other ancillery devices just won't configure with each other. It's far more cost effective to just buy a split surely.

stuartwking
25-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Hi,Dont no much about Panasonic but surly you cant run a Daikin outdoor with a Panasonic indoor!!!!,Would like to no how you can make them compatible though?,.Sounds a good idea to replace the indoor pcb with a daikin one But if doing that why not just replace the indoor unit with a daikin or the outdoor unit with a panasonic?..

frank
25-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Hi,Dont no much about Panasonic but surly you cant run a Daikin outdoor with a Panasonic indoor!!!!,Would like to no how you can make them compatible though?,.Sounds a good idea to replace the indoor pcb with a daikin one But if doing that why not just replace the indoor unit with a daikin or the outdoor unit with a panasonic?..
The Urban range of Panasonic equipment is badged Daikin

stuartwking
25-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Really!, No way never new that now.Not seen much panasonic kit,cheers,.

ozairman
28-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Hey to Everyone

Not sure how you go about creating a circuit to drive the EEV but for some ideas on the logic most japanese machines control the EEV based on a target compressor discharge temperature and outdoor ambient.
The wires for the EEV you should be able to work out by measuring with a multimeter. I'm not sure on Daikins most of the machines I deal with have 6 wires to the EEV coil, two commons and four driving coil leads

anuraruna@gmail
30-11-2007, 04:52 PM
The wires for the EEV you should be able to work out by measuring with a multimeter. I'm not sure on Daikins most of the machines I deal with have 6 wires to the EEV coil, two commons and four driving coil leads
This is with five wires. Now I am thinking about to crop it off and keep thermostatic expansion valve. and hard wire the circuit.