PDA

View Full Version : Have I replaced the right part ?

fridge doctor
07-11-2007, 07:42 AM
Hi everyone, another Daikin problem - sorry. Just wanted to tell you what I have done and ask your opinion.
I had a fault with a Daikin RY60FV7, it seemed pretty straightforward, fault code was J6 which, in one list refers to
"Circuit 1 coil thermistor faulty" (J referring to Outdoor). And in my other list
"Outdoor malfunction of thermistor"

So after an inspection of the unit, there was a pcb connector with two sets of wires going to two 'thermistors' One was a metal sensor type which is housed in a tube attached to the condenser, the other a bead type and to be honest that pulled from somewhere in the compressor area but I didn't actually note where it lived .http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

However, I took this dual component attached to single plug to be the culprit and ordered a new one. Fitted it yesterday - same problem, still J6 code.

So now I am thinking, :confused: Is it a faulty part maybe, Should I have done something to reset the fault code other than the usual power down, power up routine ? Or have I misinterpreted the code and it was something else, not the part I have described ?

Can anyone help please

Trevor

Coolie
07-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Trev

Did you check the resistance of the old thermistor compared to the new one?
It sounds to me like you might have a faulty pcb.

call space air in guildford, england with the model number, serial number and fault code and they will guide you to th solution: +44 (0) 1483504883

Let us know

paul_h
07-11-2007, 04:04 PM
The only thermistor fault an air con usually detects is open circuit or short circuit.
Prior to replacing a thermistor, it's good to just measure it for open or short resistance.
If the resistance is good (it's normally possible to get data from the manufacturers to tell you what resistance it should be a certain temperatures), then you have to look elsewhere. That is, faulty voltage to thermistor, faulty controller reading the thermistor, or other faults with the unit

fridge doctor
08-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Both good replies guys, thanks.
Thing is, Daikin in their wisdom have chosen to introduce this method of self-diagnosis and, whilst in some areas I admit there is ambiguity requiring more interpretaion, but in this case I felt it was straightforward. Daikin have taken my dosh for the part which their code specifically described as faulty, and I am left 'holding the baby' because it hasn't cured the problem !!!!

fridge doctor
13-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Hi,
I have spoken to Spaceair (Thanks Coolie) They were a bit taken aback at having to call me back in Cyprus, but they went ahead anyway which is good relations I thought :).

Essentially they suggest
1/ Faulty part - check resistances (as you guys said)
2/ Screwed up pins on PCB socket
3/ Tracking occurred on PCB below socket
4/ Failed PCB.

Let you know in 48 hours.
Regards
Trevor

fridge doctor
15-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Well no joy sorry to report. I checked all the above, the new sensor read the same as the old. No problems with tracking or bent pins etc. So I guess it's a new board then :confused: