PDA

View Full Version : sewage heat pump

Lc_shi
03-11-2007, 04:44 AM
HI dear sirs
Who is familiar with sewage heat pump here?
I'm not sure if the treated sewage water can come into evap or condenser directly. How to evaulate the sewage water content to decide if it's directly applied to the water source heat pump? Welcome your input. thanks in advance!

best regards
LC

US Iceman
03-11-2007, 05:51 AM
Hi LC,

I worked on an application for one many years ago. The water used for the heat source was what they called "grey water". It's water that is relatively free of impurities and contains only trace amounts of particles to discolor the water. This water was circulated through the evaporator.

The condenser water was clean and circulated through the building for heating.

The heat pump is nothing more than a chiller system using a water cooled condenser.

Argus
03-11-2007, 11:50 AM

Alternatively if there is microbic heat generated, such as biomass compost, you need to use an indirect heat exchanger.

Peter_1
03-11-2007, 12:05 PM
We also use thetermy grey and black water.
Grey water is water coming from the household and from bath, washing machine, dish washer,...
There's mostly soap in it. If it stands still, then it becomes grey/
Black water is water coming from the toilet. If this stands still, then it becomes black.

If you think once, most of the grey water was also preheated. If you could retract the energy in this water, then you have a relative cost-effetcive heating or pre-heating system.

[http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5713&highlight=sewage&page=2 pos t29 of me