PDA

View Full Version : samsung rs21dcns problems

slovenian ian
02-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Hi all.

I wonder if anyone could be so kind to help me with a few problems I am experiencing with my fridge unit a Samsung RS21DCNS.

recently the fan was making quite a noise. I thought that something in the fridge was cathing on the fan blades, some packaging or something but the noise stopped after a week or so. Soon after that the chilled water dispenser stopped working completely. We'd had problems with this before but solved this by changing the water filter. I am reluctant to change this again as I only replaced a few months ago. Now the temparature inside the fridge is too high. The display on the front is telling me that the fridge is 3 degrees but it's definately warmer inside, molk going sour, meat going smelly! I don't know if all these problems are linked or coincidence. We live in Slovenia and although this model is on sale here (we actually brought ours over from the UK) it is not that easy to get a Samsung service engineer. I am a qualified electrician and feel confident to carry out any works myself. The freezer seems to be working fine.

Thanks in advance.

slovenian ian
02-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Further to my posting re. Samsung rs21dcns I now have the inside of the fridge stripped out. It appears that there has been a build up of ice and I am thinking maybe the pipe supplying the water dispenser is frozen. Does anybody know why the everything would have become frozen? Maybe the fan has packed up and stopped circulating air, could this be a cause?

I am now defrosting the fridge and hope that everything will then be back to normal.

Thanks again in advance.

paul_h
03-11-2007, 04:19 AM
Common problem. Either the heaters are open circuit, the defrost sensor is faulty, or insulation is water logged and iced up so it's not insulating anymore. There's heaps of threads on these problems I've explained before in the domestic section of the forum.