PDA

View Full Version : mitsubishi city multi fault code

robin r33 gtr
01-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Tomorrow i will be looking into a fault code on a mitsubishi city multi r407c
PURY-P400 YEM-A

Another engineer told me he has phoned mitsubishi and they did not know the fault code.

On the remote control the fault code is

1143 is fault code ???????
oc is outdoor condensor
100 is ?????????

The code only appears on 1 control and when the system is reset reappears a few days later on another.

can anyone help thanks robin

robin r33 gtr
01-11-2007, 10:00 PM
This is a correct fault code as i have seen it myself. As mitsubishi said they have not got a clue.

superswill
02-11-2007, 01:17 AM
has the system got a G50 central controller? is it linked into a monitoring company via a modem?

Thermatech
02-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Robin
All fault codes starting with 11?? relate to outdoor temperature sensors.
Mitsubishi help desk staff are unable to assist because there is no 1143 fault code listed in the service manual.
I suspect this may be a TH10 compressor shell temperature sensor problem, open or closed circuit.
Some YEMA models had a TH10 sensor & some did not.

1/ Suggest check sensor resistance reading with multi meter & confirm the temperature using the resistance /temperature chart in the service manual then monitor actual live temperature reading using SW1 on the outdoor circuit board.Double check the shell temperature with your temperature probe.
This should prove if the sensor has failed open/closed but may not help if the sensor has intermitent problem.

2/ As noted by Superwill if you have G50 you can look at the full fault history with date & time for each fault. As the fault is intermitent this would help to see any exactly when the faults have occured.

3/ If TH10 sensor looks ok then suggest monitor pressure sensor data & gauge reading with system running in heating & cooling. Keep a close look at TH10 data & measure the actual compressor shell temp with your temperature probe to make sure it is recording correct temp.

4/ Make sure crank case heater is working correctly & not overheat the shell when compressor is off.

5/ TH10 will show open circuit at minus 15 deg C. So if there is some intermittent problem in the system which makes compressor suction & shell frosted then this might just make TH10 record -15 & stop on 1143.

If you would like some on site help to solve this one PM to me & I can visit site with lap top to monitor system operation.

robin r33 gtr
02-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Thanks for all the help.
Ill test the th10 sensor on monday.While looking at the system today i noticed a temp sensor on the compressor.

Also today i found mice nests next to 3 of the compressors out of 6 units, and chewed mains cables.so i think a chewed th10 sensor is very likely.

robin r33 gtr
05-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Returned to site today and found a open circuit on th10. Thanks to all who helped.