PDA

View Full Version : milk cooling systrm

kfircohen59
01-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi all. I am a new visitor to this site and I'm finding it's great! I wonder if anyone can provide me with some technical information about Muller's milk cooling system (Westinghouse patent 3.264.837): I wish to understand how is the expansion valve (made by Sporlan) seats in the condensation unit, and how it's sensor is connected to the liquid pipe. Cheers, Kfir Cohen

monkey spanners
01-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Hi Kfir Cohen,

I've only seen one or two of these tanks and am not 100% sure on thier operation. If memory serves me correctly (last saw on 6 years ago), The pipe from the condensing unit to the tank is an expansion line. The suction line back to the condesing unit is in effect a continuation of the evaporator. There is a accumilator on the condensing unit with a coil for the liquid line to go through in it (could be a reciever with a suction loop? can't remember). The expansion valve bulb senses the liquid line exiting the accumilator and adjusts accordingly, presumably to keep a pool of liquid in the bottom of the accumilator to cool the liquid line and thus ensure the evaporator is fully utilised. I think it was described as a flooded evaporator system. I seem to think they are critically charged like an AC system.
Hope this is of some help, but bear in mind i could be wrong!

Jon

Brian_UK
01-11-2007, 09:46 PM
I think that you are correct Monkey...

Have a look here..

http://paulmuellercompany.com/ProductDivisions/Dairy_Farm_Equipment/RefrigerationUnits/

John O'Keeffe
04-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Hi all. I am a new visitor to this site and I'm finding it's great! I wonder if anyone can provide me with some technical information about Muller's milk cooling system (Westinghouse patent 3.264.837): I wish to understand how is the expansion valve (made by Sporlan) seats in the condensation unit, and how it's sensor is connected to the liquid pipe. Cheers, Kfir Cohen

Hello,
I am also new to this site. The Mueller Hi-Perform system is used worldwide on their bulk milk tanks and is a very efficient system.
Dari-kool also have a flooded evaporator system on their dirct exp[ansion cooling tanks. Has anyone got a diagramatic layout of the Dari-kool system?
Is such a system used in other comercial refrigeration.
John O'Keeffe

monkey spanners
04-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Hi John O'Keefe, welcome,

By Dari-Kool do you mean Fabdec? If so its not a model i've seen.

Jon

cas
23-07-2008, 09:05 PM
The expansion valve that you refer to is a sub cooling valve which operates in reverse of an expansion valve. The total charge for the system of any size is 19lbs, the only way to establish charge is to recover and weigh (Official UK Mueller dealer)