PDA

View Full Version : design of expansion tank

scherif
24-01-2003, 03:50 PM
hi,nice to send my 1 st message,my q is how to design the expansion tank in hydronic system

Andy
25-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Hi, Scherif:)
you could always dispense with the header tank and fit an autoclave (bladder), these are sized according to the system internal volume and operating temperature range.
Failing that I can add a link to the Grasso site where they have a very good description of a hydronics system.
Regards. Andy.

Jacek
02-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Hi, Scherif:)
you could always dispense with the header tank and fit an autoclave (bladder), these are sized according to the system internal volume and operating temperature range.
Failing that I can add a link to the Grasso site where they have a very good description of a hydronics system.
Regards. Andy.

Hi Andy.

Could you give us the link you mentioned above. I'm very interested in chilled water systems.

Thanks in advance!

Regards form Poland.

Jacek

aansari
03-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Dear Andy
Your help is very much needed in this area. We are designing a system for a fresh-cut factory to work with glycol. I need to confirm with the supplier the tank size. So I am looking forwared for your input.

nike123
03-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Dear Andy
Your help is very much needed in this area. We are designing a system for a fresh-cut factory to work with glycol. I need to confirm with the supplier the tank size. So I am looking forwared for your input.
You could do quick calculation here:
http://www.elbi.it/configurat/body.pe

or you could download software here:
http://www.reflex.de/reflex/pdf/reflex4_de.exe

yangchenchen
04-03-2008, 09:31 AM
many engineers don't know the details about a expansion tank. this topic needs more discussion

regards from China
yangchenchen

iminsincere
09-06-2009, 08:04 AM
i need some expansion calculation.

1) System total hot water volume = 1,300 cu. meters (Including pipeliens & boilers)
2) Boiler Design Pressure = 200 psig
3) System Pressure = 10 bars (145 psig)
4) Water Inlet to Boiler = 140 deg. C
5) Water Outlet from Boiler = 155 deg. C

how much will be tha expansion

abet_meneses
09-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Mate,

The thread is more than a year.

MrEngr
24-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Goto engineermanual.com and search for expansion tank, there is a page there that explains it well.