PDA

View Full Version : Which brand of small split wall air conditioner?

piashaw
30-10-2007, 12:45 AM
Hi, I'm fairly new to the AC trade, and am slowly working on different brands of unit. Just wondering from an engineers perspective, which brands do you find a) most reliable, b) easiest to do an annual inspection and thorough clean and c) easiest to repair if something does go wrong.

I generally work on the 9000 - 24000BtU split type units, from all brands, Samsung, LG, Daikin, toyotuma, sharp etc etc etc.

Peter

The Viking
30-10-2007, 01:32 AM
A. Daikin, Mitsubishi or Toshiba in no particular order.
B. All the Japanese brands seems to use the same design people to design their splits, so it's not much difference in the service of things.
C. This is a harder question to answer, just because there are so many variables to consider, mainly availability of spares and a knowledgeable technical department to help you when you get stuck.
My personal answer to this one has to be Toshiba BUT that's just because I worked on them a lot and have a good relationship to the senior support engineers at Toshiba UK.

jfriman
30-10-2007, 04:20 PM
I have to agree, Daikin & Toshiba is two reliable brands.
I never worked with Mitsubishi, but i think that most of the japanese products are good quality!

airconadam
30-10-2007, 06:50 PM
iwould say daikin and fujitsu thanks

adam:D

p_p
30-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Has to be Mitsi Electric, personal opinion of course.

Danny11
12-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Hi pal

My personally think Fujitsu are the best,but iv only worked on another three so...

Plus me being a fuji engineer im gonna say that.
There easy to work on and hardly get any faults.

:)

Mohammed Qasim
13-11-2007, 12:38 AM
From my point of view Carrier ,Daiken,York,Mitubishi,an also the above brands are also very good.But I prefer Carrier.

anuraruna@gmail
13-11-2007, 04:40 AM
I believe all are good, but approaching from the service point of view you have to analyse who gives the more information , technical support and availability of spares. The running cost of the plant per year has to be included into this.

marc5180
18-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Well based on technical back up i'd say that its daikin and Mitsi all day, cant fault their helpdesk.