PDA

View Full Version : Where can i do the NVQ 3 in the Midlands?

chris96
28-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Hi All, i've been working in the industry for 6 years now, passed my level two at Solihull college back in 2001 (which was a really poor course) and moved into employment. No one required level 3 and Solihull Tec never offered the course so i did'nt give it a second thought.
I applyed for my Australian residence and was granted it in 2006 and headed off, once in Australia i found i was unable to gain the licences from the governing body, without these you cannot work in the industry (restricted electrical and refrigerant) these were not given as i never had the level 3. So in the end i came back to the UK. I now work for TRANE and would like to do the level 3 but i don't know where i can do it. Really i need to do it at night school.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Chris

Pooh
28-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Did you do your NVQ Level two before you started working in the industry?

Not sure who does it at night school over that way, I beleive you will be able to do the technical certificate part via distance learning in the new year and then do the NVQ by fast track program once you have passed the three exams needed. Drop me a PM and I will give you more info.

Ian

superswill
29-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Did you do your NVQ Level two before you started working in the industry?

Not sure who does it at night school over that way, I beleive you will be able to do the technical certificate part via distance learning in the new year and then do the NVQ by fast track program once you have passed the three exams needed. Drop me a PM and I will give you more info.

Ian

PM sent,iam also intrested

Lowrider
30-10-2007, 12:58 AM
Enjoy working for Trane in the UK?

No change they will pay it for you?

chris96
30-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi Ian

I don't know/am unable to find how to pm.

I started my training (NVQ2) at night shool before i was employed in the industry, after a couple of months i moved into a improver position, i progressed from there. i've done plenty of other courses, VRV and the like but i really want the chance to do the level 3.

How does the distance learning work??????? The one thing the Midlands needs is a good refrigeration course, the apprentices here are only doing level 2 and thats taking the 3-4 years! even best training are a waste of time for them, i had an best apprentice for 3 years and they never done 1 site visit!!!! The course i done was a farce to. it looks like theres going to be a lot of poor tradesmen in the future.

Hi Sanderh,

Trane seam to be a good company, had no problems so far, i do hope they will pay for the course, however i don't think i'd get the time off LOL!!!!!!

Chris.

Pooh
30-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Chris
the apprentices we train are complete in two years to level two and level three takes a further year, unfortunately we only do block release so in total to level three the lads are with us for nine months over three years. This is the only way we can guarantee completion in that time. All level wo lads are required to have at least two onsite observations and a further one is required for level three.

The distance learning is for the technical certificate (theory) knowledge which you must have to get an NVQ, this is done online in your own time and ten when you are ready you go to a local college and take the exams also online. Then you can do the NVQ using the fast track experienced worker scheme which requires a small portfolio of evidence and a couple of onsite observations, job done.

Ian

Lowrider
31-10-2007, 12:38 AM
Hi Sanderh,

Trane seam to be a good company, had no problems so far, i do hope they will pay for the course, however i don't think i'd get the time off LOL!!!!!!

Chris.

I'm doing a course in the Netherlands (design and calculation of refrigiration installations) and Trane Holland pays it completly. It is an evening course and since I live about an hour drive from where the course is, I usually get some overtime those days or start a bit later then normal.

It's in Trane's interrest to get well educated engineers and hold them, so they will pay for any work related course, at least in Holland!

Just tell the you really need it, to become a better engineer and they'll pay!

chris96
28-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Hi Ian.

Just wondering if you have anymore news on the level 3 distance learning? Any dates it starts yet?

Cheer's Chris

FreezerGeezer
08-01-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm doing a course in the Netherlands (design and calculation of refrigiration installations) and Trane Holland pays it completly. It is an evening course and since I live about an hour drive from where the course is, I usually get some overtime those days or start a bit later then normal.

It's in Trane's interrest to get well educated engineers and hold them, so they will pay for any work related course, at least in Holland!

Just tell the you really need it, to become a better engineer and they'll pay!

I wouldn't bet on it! I wanted to carry on (albeit a bit higher than level 3) some time back & was told that they couldn't see how they'd benefit, so I couldn't do the course.
Talk nicely to Phil though, he's a good sort & if he thinks it's beneficial then I believe he'd push for it.

Alexfriz
08-12-2008, 03:14 AM
North west colege of london